Vickys Moroccan-Style Chicken & Tzatziki, GF DF EF SF NF. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
Set the chicken breast-side-up on a rack in a roasting pan. Add the garlic and spices and cook for a further min. Find recipes for Moroccan chicken stews, chicken tagines and lots more delectably easy Moroccan chicken recipes for a fabulous dinner party main or a special midweek supper. You can have Vickys Moroccan-Style Chicken & Tzatziki, GF DF EF SF NF using 23 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Moroccan-Style Chicken & Tzatziki, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s of skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare of juice of half a lemon.
- Prepare of Moroccan-Style Rub.
- You need of ground cumin.
- It’s of ground allspice.
- Prepare of smoked paprika.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- It’s of onion powder.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of fresh black pepper.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of Tzatziki.
- It’s of unsalted cashew nuts*.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of garlic.
- You need of cucumber.
- You need of fresh chopped garden mint leaves.
- Prepare of fresh chopped dill.
- You need of salt & pepper to taste.
- Prepare of extra salt for cucumber.
- It’s of Rainbow Cous Cous.
- You need of see my recipe link below.
Also check out our Couscous collection for the perfect accompaniment. Adding chickpeas, dried fruit and warming spices to meat or poultry stews is. This delicious chicken and couscous recipe has all the flavours of Morocco, and is ready. Cheat's chicken and vegetable tagine with lemon couscous.
Vickys Moroccan-Style Chicken & Tzatziki, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Mix the rub ingredients to form a paste.
- Pat the chicken dry and rub the spice paste over the whole surface. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, soak the cashews in warm water for an hour then drain and rinse.
- Put the cashews into a blender with the oil, lemon juice and garlic and puree smooth. If the blender is having trouble, add a little rice or almond milk to get it going. Don't add too much, the puree needs to be thick.
- Grate the cucumber into a bowl and salt it generously. Don't worry, you won't be eating all that salt! Toss it in the salt and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the cucumbers to get rid of the salty water. You can do it with your hand or pat them in a clean tea towel.
- Add them to the cashew mixture with the chopped mint, dill, salt and pepper. Mix together and check the seasoning is to your liking. Add extra of anything you want more of. Cover & chill until needed.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400°F and line a baking tray with foil. Let the chicken sit out while the oven gets to temperature.
- Bake the chicken for 20 – 25 minutes or until the juices run clear. While it rests, squeeze over the juice of half a lemon over each piece of chicken.
- Meanwhile make the cous cous by following my recipe directions. You can cut the cous cous down to 150g if you like as that recipe serves 5 but it really is delicious so you may like some leftovers! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/333191-vickys-rainbow-cous-cous-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- Slice the chicken and serve on a bed of cous cous with some tzatziki on the side.
- This is a great meal for having friends over as it's great to serve the cous cous in big dish so everyone can help themselves. It's also delicious hot or cold so any leftovers can be had as a salad or made into a fabulous sandwich.
- See also my carrot & date side dish! Vickys Moroccan-Style Carrot & Date Salad, GF DF EF SF NF https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/352550-vickys-moroccan-style-carrot-date-salad-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
Roast chickens with a fragrant couscous stuffing. Add the chicken thighs, skin-side down, and cook until the skin is golden and crisp, then turn and cook to lightly golden on the flesh side. Trim the chicken pieces neatly and combine with the rest of the marinade ingredients in a roomy bowl. Cover loosely and leave in a cool place for a few hours, overnight if possible. Add the chicken thighs and cook until coloured lightly on both sides.