Minestrone Soup. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Minestrone is a hearty, traditional Italian soup typically made with beans, pasta and lots of vegetables. By College Inn® Broths and Stocks Directions Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Add onion, celery, and carrots; saute for a few minutes. Directions In a large saucepan, saute the carrots, celery and onion in oil and butter until tender. Stir in the broth, tomato sauce, beans, chickpeas, tomatoes, cabbage, basil, parsley, oregano and pepper. You can cook Minestrone Soup using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Minestrone Soup
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of chopped onion.
- Prepare of chopped garlic cloves.
- You need of red chilli chopped.
- Prepare of medium carrots peeled and chopped.
- You need of medium ribs celery chopped.
- You need of baby corn -sliced.
- It’s of zucchini chopped or sliced.
- You need of small potato cubed.
- You need of tomato puree.
- It’s of tomato sauce.
- Prepare of Vegetable stock.
- It’s of dried oregano.
- It’s of dried thyme.
- Prepare of chilli flakes.
- You need of black pepper powder.
- It’s of soaked barley or rice or pasta.
- It’s of white beans (optional).
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Basil leaves.
- It’s of Cheese garlic breads.
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrots. Add garlic and continue cooking for another minute. Onions – you can use shallots or leek as an alternative.
Minestrone Soup step by step
- Take all Vegetables in a dish.
- In a pan heat oil and saute onion,garlic,celery and red chilli. Then add oregano, thyme,chilli flakes, black pepper powder abd mix well.
- Then add all the chopped Vegetables and saute them for 3 to 4 mbts..
- Then add tomato puree and mix well.cook it for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and then soaked barley and salt. Mix well and cover it with lid and let it cook for 6 to 8 minutes on a slow flame or until all Vegetables and barley get cooked properly..
- Stir in between. Once done,switch off the flame,pour the soup in a bowl, garnish it with basil.Serve hot with crusty bread..
Tomatoes – any kind of tomatoes will do. You can also use good quality canned tomatoes. Directions In a stockpot, saute the onions, celery and parsley in oil until tender. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, cabbage, carrots, basil, salt and pepper. Essentially, minestrone is a thick, hearty variety of vegetable soup, thanks to the addition of beans and sometimes pasta or rice.