Chicken and Sausage Stew. Fully compliant UK Veterinary Dispensary and only genuine UK sourced products. Helping you cut the cost of pet care. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders In a large saucepan combine the chicken, tomatoes with green chillies, potatoes, sausage, salt, pepper, garlic granules and water to cover.
Add the broth, thyme, Cajun seasoning, and black pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in marinara sauce and chicken broth; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot. You can cook Chicken and Sausage Stew using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Sausage Stew
- It’s 2 lb of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1 1/4 lb of Italian sausage links, hot or sweet or a combination.
- You need 20 of slices of pepperoni.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter, salted or unsalted.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper, cut into strips.
- Prepare 2 of poblano peppers, cut into strips.
- Prepare 8 oz of button mushrooms.
- You need 1 of celery stalk, sliced.
- You need 1 of large or 3 small carrots, sliced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 28 oz of can of whole italian tomatos with juices.
- It’s 1 of 15 ounce can diced tomatoes with juices.
- You need 2 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare of salt and pepper throughout recipe to taste.
- It’s 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as Frank's brand.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh grated romano cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh chopped basil.
How to make chicken sausage stew: Start by toasting some fresh bread crumbs in olive oil, which gets sprinkled on top of the finished dish. Briefly cook onion, garlic until softened. Add fresh rosemary and seasonings until fragrant. Brown the chicken legs in the skillet.
Chicken and Sausage Stew step by step
- In a large skillet on medium low heat saute pepperoni until crisp, remove from pan and reserve for garnish.
- Pat chicken thighs dry and season with salt and pepper. Add butter to skillet and melt and add chicken thighs and cook just until golden, only 1 to 2 minutes per side, it will cook more later. Remove to plate.
- Add sausage to skillet and brown, about 5 minutes they will also cook more in the stew. Remove sausage to a plate.
- Add all vegetables to skillet, cover abd cook on medium low until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add white wine to skillet and increase heat and cook until wine is almost gone.
- Transfer vegetables and any liquid in skillet to stockpot or dutch oven, add sausage, cut into 1 inch slices, chicken thighs, all tomatos, broth, cream, italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, hot sauce, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, uncovered on low, for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Then remove chicken thighs too a bowl. Increase heat to a simmer and slowly, while stirring drizzle in the cornstarch mixture and cook until stew thickens some. About 4 minutes. Add romano cheese, and basil and return chicken, broken into bite size chunks. Then serve.
- Serve hot garnished with reserved pepperoni and additional grated romano cheese. Serve over pasta, rice or potatos or in a bowl with crusty bread for dipping.
Then transfer them to the bowl. Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon to a plate and reserve. You can add olive oil as needed. Arrange the chicken thighs (skin-side up), sausages, pumpkin and red onions in a roasting tin and season with salt and pepper. Then remove chicken thighs too a bowl.