Chicken Fried Rice using leftovers. Add a few shakes of soy sauce and add the peas, sweetcorn, mushrooms if using, spring onions, egg and the chicken. Stir fry until the rice is starting to turn golden and crispy and everything is piping hot. Remove from the heat and serve with chilli or soy sauce. cooked rice – The key to a good fried rice is using already cooked and cooled rice. cooked chicken – Leftover chicken makes this come together super easy and a great way to use up leftovers. mixed frozen vegetables – We love a mixture of green peas, carrots, and corn. green onions – A few green onions lends freshness and flavor.
Add the chicken to the frypan, stir, then add the rice. Add the cooked rice, shredded chicken, frozen peas, frozen sweetcorn, red pepper and spring onions. I like to use leftover jasmine rice, but you can use any leftover rice that you have. You can cook Chicken Fried Rice using leftovers using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Fried Rice using leftovers
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 2 of leftover chicken breasts.
- You need 2 cup of rice (leftovers are okay).
- It’s 3 of green onions (tops and bottoms).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of broccoli.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sliced carrots, cooked until tender.
- It’s 1 of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 of oil.
Push vegetables to one side of the skillet, add the eggs to the other side, and cook to scramble, stirring as necessary. Add the chicken, rice, evenly drizzle with soy sauce, optional salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Stir in rice and peas and cook. In a medium bowl, toss chicken strips with the sesame oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Chicken Fried Rice using leftovers step by step
- Put 1 tablespoon oil in hot wok or frying panel and scramble eggs. Put aside..
- Put 1-2 tablespoons of oil in wok and fry rice until rice is soft (approximately 10 minutes). Stir frequently..
- Add soy sauce until rice is brown. Taste so you don't add too much soy sauce!.
- Add eggs, chicken, onions, and other vegetables (peppers are a good option).
- Cook until warm, stirring frequently..
Any leftover rice that you use for this recipe should be refrigerated within a couple of hours of cooking it. Additionally, as long as the fried rice is cooked at high heat on the skillet, there should be little concern. If it looks moldy, smells off, or otherwise doesn't seem fresh, pitch it. Cook long grain rice and allow to cool completely before using in fried rice. This is a great place to use leftover rice.