Holmstead Cookin': Stuffed Peppers. Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Looking For Stuffed Peppers Recipe? We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Place the rice and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
Serve colourful, flavour-packed stuffed peppers for a light Mediterranean-style supper. Choose from a range of fillings, including meat and vegetarian options. Put the peppers on a large baking tray, cut side up. You can cook Holmstead Cookin': Stuffed Peppers using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Holmstead Cookin': Stuffed Peppers
- Prepare 8 of bell peppers.
- You need 1-1.5 kg of Lean ground beef.
- It’s 0.5 cup of diced onion.
- Prepare 2 cups of uncooked white rice.
- You need 2 cups of salsa.
- It’s 0.5 cup of cream cheese.
- It’s 3 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
Remove from the oven and set aside. While the peppers are roasting, heat the oil in a. These protein-packed stuffed peppers make a filling vegetarian meal. If you don't like goats' cheese these they also work well with feta.
Holmstead Cookin': Stuffed Peppers instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the tops off of your Bell Peppers. We recommend Orange / Yellow for the perfect level of sweetness. Clean any seeds out of them, and place them (cut side down) on a foiled baking sheet. Add 1.5 cups of water to the baking sheet. Then cover with tin foil, and place in the oven for 25 minutes..
- Cook your rice as directed, and place in a bowl..
- Brown the ground beef (adding salt and pepper to taste), and once browned stir in the cream cheese, and mix well. Then move the mixture to a bowl..
- Dice the onion into small fine pieces, and fry the onion and garlic in oil until browned..
- Mix the rice, beef, and onion/garlic mixture together, adding salsa as you mix..
- Remove the peppers from the oven, place the tin foil cover aside, and drain away the water. Flip the peppers over, and fill with the beef mixture. Add cheese on top..
- Re-cover, and place back in the oven for 20 minutes. Then remove the cover and place back in the oven for 10 minutes..
- Remove from the oven, and enjoy..
Stuffed whole bell peppers are a two-step process; cooking the filling then cooking the peppers stuffed with the filling. Once the filling is cooked and stuffed, the only step left is to slide them into the oven. Top the peppers off with some grated Parmesan cheese. This will give the pepper a chance to get all nice and tender and soft and delicious. Don't do, as a fool would do, and bite into this mountain of pepper pleasure without allowing proper cool-down time.