Decorated Sushi Cake. Get your favourites from &Cake delivered. Download the app and order now! Place a serving plate on the tin, and flip it over to transfer the Sushi Cake onto the plate.
A round cake tin is used as mould, and it is decorated. Here is how you cook it. The ingredients needed to make Decorated Sushi Cake: Use of <Sushi Rice>. You can cook Decorated Sushi Cake using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Decorated Sushi Cake
- It’s of <Sushi Rice>.
- Prepare 3 cups (180 ml) of cup) Japanese Short Grain Rice.
- Prepare 75 ml of Rice Vinegar.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/4 teaspoons Salt.
- It’s of <Filling>.
- It’s of Canned Tuna (185g can) & Japanese Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/2 of Avocado *sliced.
- Prepare of *Other Suggestions: Chicken Soboro (find my recipe), Salmon Flakes, Scrambled Egg, Teriyaki Chicken, etc.
- You need of <Topping>.
- It’s 3 of Eggs *finely scrambled.
- Prepare of Sliced of Ham.
- You need of Carrot *sliced and blanched in salted water.
- Prepare of Cucumber.
- You need of Sliced Cheese.
- You need of *Other Suggestions: Smoked Salmon (formed into Rose flowers), Thin Omelet (thinly cut into noodles), Cooked Prawns, Snow Peas, Sugar Snap Pea, Asparagus, Broccolini, Cucumber, etc.
Prepare of cup) Japanese Short Grain Rice. Here is how you can achieve that. The ingredients needed to make Decorated Sushi Cake : Get of <Sushi Rice>. It is called decozushi (or decochirashi), and is generally made with cake mold.
Decorated Sushi Cake instructions
- When you cook Rice for sushi, cook with slightly less amount of water to achieve firmer texture. Basically you need same volume of rice and water. If you are using Rice Cooker, set the water level slightly lower than the mark. *Note: Wash rice well before cooking..
- Make Sushi Vinegar by mixing the ingredients together..
- Pour the Sushi Vinegar over the HOT rice, then empty it into a large mixing bowl. Mix it well gently and thoroughly, fanning the rice with a fan or piece of cardboard to help the rice cool quickly. Cover the rice with a damp cloth to stop the rice drying out..
- While Rice is cooking and cooling down, prepare other ingredients for Topping and Filling..
- Line a round cake tin (I used 21cm tin) with plastic food wrap. Fill it with 1/2 Sushi Rice evenly and press down. Arrange Filling ingredients on the rice, cover with remaining 1/2 Sushi Rice, and press down..
- Place a serving plate on the tin, and flip it over to transfer the Sushi Cake onto the plate. Remove the food wrap..
- Decorate it with Topping ingredients. Children are very creative and they will enjoy decorating the cake..
See more ideas about sushi cake, sushi, cake. Come See our Unique Cake Gifts! Check out our new Mini Cake Explosion Boxes and Mini Cake Variety Packs Decorated Sushi Cake In Japan, there is a type of Sushi called 'Oshi-zushi', that is made by pressing Sushi Rice and Toppings into a special mould, then it is cut into bite sized pieces to serve. This is a variation of it and it has become very popular. In addition to wasabi "frosting", there are so many ways you can decorate a sushi cake: Sprinkles: Use sesame seeds (plain, toasted, and or black!), tobiko or masago (in various colors/flavours!), or nori as "sprinkles".