Minestrone Soup. Soup so good we couldn't hide it in a can. Bring high-quality ingredients and flavors to your pantry. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers.
Add the diced and crushed tomatoes and the chicken broth to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low. Add onion, celery, and carrots; saute for a few minutes. You can cook Minestrone Soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Minestrone Soup
- Prepare 225 g of onion (1 large – chopped) / 8 oz..
- You need 175 g of carrot (3 medium – cubed) / 6 oz..
- It’s 450 g of potato (2 large – peeled and cubed) / 16 oz..
- You need 250 g of celery (3 sticks – sliced) / 9 oz..
- Prepare 125 g of cabbage (shredded) /4½ oz..
- You need 125 g of spinach (chopped /4½ oz..
- It’s 1 400 g of plum tomatoes x chopped / 14oz. cans.
- It’s 1 400 g of butter cannellini beans x or / 14oz. cans.
- Prepare 150 g of spaghetti , broken into short lengths / 5 oz..
- You need 4 tablespoons of tomato purée (or cassata).
- Prepare 1.75 litres of vegetable stock / 60 fl. oz..
- It’s 1 tablespoon of mixed Italian herbs.
- It’s ½ teaspoon of pepper ground.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- Prepare of “Spray2Cook” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray).
Directions In a large saucepan, saute the carrots, celery and onion in oil and butter until tender. Stir in the broth, tomato sauce, beans, chickpeas, tomatoes, cabbage, basil, parsley, oregano and pepper. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrots.
Minestrone Soup instructions
- Microwave the onion and carrot together for 4 minutes..
- Microwave the potato and celery together for 4 minutes..
- While the potato and celery are microwaving put the onion and carrot in a large lidded pan, well sprayed with Spray2Cook, on a high heat..
- Stir regularly to ensure nothing sticks. Add the potato and celery and (hot) stock. Add the beans, plum tomatoes, tomato purée, herbs, pepper and garlic powder. Bring to boil then simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add the pasta, cabbage and spinach – return to a simmer for 15 minutes..
- Check the pasta is cooked to you liking and serve..
Add garlic and continue cooking for another minute. Onions – you can use shallots or leek as an alternative. Tomatoes – any kind of tomatoes will do. You can also use good quality canned tomatoes. Directions In a stockpot, saute the onions, celery and parsley in oil until tender.