Fasolia gigantes (oven roasted Lima beans)🇬🇷. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Huge Range Of Seeds In Generous Pack Sizes.
Or you can use caned Lima beans. Drain the beans and cool under running water. Drain thoroughly and spread on paper towels to dry. You can have Fasolia gigantes (oven roasted Lima beans)🇬🇷 using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fasolia gigantes (oven roasted Lima beans)🇬🇷
- It’s 900 g of Lima beans.
- It’s 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
- It’s 1 of big carrot.
- It’s 1 stick of celery.
- Prepare 2 tbs of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of crashed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 2 of all spice balls.
- Prepare 1 tbs of salt.
- You need 1/2 tbs of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh dill chopped.
Toss beans with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt, lime juice and cayenne. Add the gigantes beans (drained), the celery, the parsley, ½ cup of hot water and season with salt and pepper. Turn the baking tray out of the oven, blend the gigantes beans. Directions Place the beans and water in a large saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil.
Fasolia gigantes (oven roasted Lima beans)🇬🇷 step by step
- If you are using fresh beans put them in a pot with some salt and water and bring it almost to a boil from the night before and let them sit like that over night. They cook better that way. Or you can use caned Lima beans..
- Heat up the oven to 350F than chop the celery, and carrot, on a multi blender and set a side..
- On a cutting board chop the dill finely and put a side.
- Now chop the onion finely and put it on a frying skillet with a tap of oil and fry till glazed at medium heat.
- Now on a big enough oven pan add all the ingredients.
- Now stir everything and add enough water to cover the beans.
- Cover and put in oven for about 2 hrs. After 2 hrs in cover and cook till water dissipate.
- Goes good with a glass of white dry wine and I also like to drizzle a bit of olive oil on top. Kali orexi. Enjoy.
Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook. Toss beans with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt, lime juice and cayenne. When ready, drain and rinse under running water to remove the salt. Transfer beans to a pot, add water and place over heat. When ready, drain and set aside.