Dried Lima beans. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Also referred to as dry butter beans, wax beans and Madagascar beans, dried lima beans have a delicate buttery flavor and soft texture when cooked.
She adds enough water to cover and starts a slow simmer, adding the hambone (or if you don't have a hambone, any leftover ham will do) in about an hour into cooking. Limas fall into the category of legumes, which are seeds or pods, including beans, peas, chickpeas, lentils, and peanuts. Fresh lima beans are harvested in the fall, but most people use dried,. You can have Dried Lima beans using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dried Lima beans
- Prepare 4 lb of dried lima beans.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 1 stick of margarine.
- Prepare 1 of water to cover beans by an inch above top.
- It’s 1 lb of smokey bacon.
Add the lima beans, sautéed onions and garlic, carrot, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Drain beans, then put in a sauce pan, and cover with hot water. In that area, Lima beans and butter beans are seen as two distinct types of beans, although scientifically they are the same. In the United Kingdom and the United States, "butter beans" refers to either dried beans which can be purchased to rehydrate, or the canned variety which are ready to use.
Dried Lima beans step by step
- Rinse and look over beans for foreign objects.
- Add all ingredients to a very large pot boil till beans are done.
- It will take about 2-3 hours to do. after boiling one hour reduce heat to half. 30 minutes turn to low cover remove from heat serve with white rice and fried corn bread.
In culinary use there, lima beans and butter beans are distinct, the latter being large and yellow. Both types produce a lot of foam, but neither are suitable for a pressure cooker as they will disintegrate. When cooking, don't add any acidic seasoning such as tomatoes, vinegar or citrus to the water as this will make them tough. Lima bean is one of the foods that contain high amounts of iron. This is very high amounts of iron, especially if you're the type of person who susceptible to suffer from iron deficiency through a menstrual period, or an injury, both internally and externally.