Delicious Chocolate Cupcakes. Make Harry & David Your Destination For Chocolate Cupcake Gifts That Are Sure To Delight. Show How Much You Care with Gourmet Gifts from Harry & David. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers.
While mixing, continue to gradually add powdered sugar and blend until the mixture thickens and the frosting comes together. Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. You can have Delicious Chocolate Cupcakes using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Delicious Chocolate Cupcakes
- Prepare of Chocolate Cupcakes.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter, softened to room temperature.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of hot water.
- Prepare of Chocolate Frosting.
- You need 2/3 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cups of powdered sugar, sifted (plus more as necessary).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cocoa powder, sifted.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s 4 oz of dark chocolate, melted and slightly cooled.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of heavy cream.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. April Preisler for Taste of Home. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Delicious Chocolate Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside..
- For the cupcakes: In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside..
- In a standing mixer (or you can use a handheld mixer), beat together butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary. On medium speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and beat until combined..
- With the mixer on low speed, add half the dry ingredients and beat until combined. Then beat in milk, followed by the other half of the dry ingredients, beating slowly until combined. Add hot water and beat just until combined. Do not overmix- the less you mix, the lighter the cake will be. The batter should be liquid..
- Divide batter evenly between cups, filling them about 3/4 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or just a few moist crumbs. Allow cupcakes to sit for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- For Frosting: In a bowl (using an electric mixer or handheld) beat butter at medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add powdered sugar in 2 additions and beat until smooth. Add cocoa powder and beat until completely creamy and smooth. Beat in vanilla extract, melted chocolate, and heavy cream, mixing until combined. Add powdered sugar as necessary until frosting is spreadable.
- Use frosting immediately to frost cupcakes, or store in the fridge, covered, for up to 3 days. Before using, bring to room temperature and whisk until smooth..
- Cupcakes are best the same day they’re made, but can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Unfrosted cupcakes can be kept in the freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw, still covered, on the counter or overnight in the fridge.
Then, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. The next step is to combine the buttermilk and water. Cupcakes: Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a stand mixer using a low speed until combined. Add eggs, buttermilk, warm water, oil, and vanilla.