Sweet Potato Fish Pie. Enjoy your local restaurant favorites from the comfort of your own home. The food you want, when you want it. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now.
Drain well, return to the pan and add the crème fraîche. While the potatoes and swede cook, put the soft cheese and stock into a. Remove the onion to a plate and set aside. You can have Sweet Potato Fish Pie using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Fish Pie
- It’s 1 of Onion finely chopped.
- It’s of Haddock fillets.
- It’s of Mackerel.
- It’s of Cod.
- Prepare of Salmon.
- Prepare of Prawns.
- It’s 1 kg of Sweet potato.
- You need 600 ml of Milk & extra for mash.
- You need 125 grams of Salted butter.
- It’s 50 grams of Flour.
- It’s 1 of Roughly chopped parsley.
- You need 1 pinch of Nutmeg.
- It’s of Cheddar cheese.
Fish pie with mashed potato topping, an all-time favourite classic British recipe that brings all the family together around the table. A creamy, salmon and veggies filling topped with cheesy mashed potatoes, and baked until golden, this is what comfort food looks like. Drain and mash, then mix the remaining butter and seasoning into the plain potato. Stir the two mashes together but don't over-mix.
Sweet Potato Fish Pie instructions
- Chop and peel potatoes same length and boil.
- Add the fish to a pan that will fit all the fish in a single layer, scatter over the onion. Pour over 500g of milk and dot to the surface with 25g butter and season with salt and pepper. Bring to steady simmer and cover with a lid..
- Add the fish to a baking dish and evenly scatter over the prawns..
- In a clean sauce pan melt 50g butter, then stir through flour to form a roux. Allow to cook over a gentle heat for a couple of minutes before pouring over the pouching milk, onions and all….. Whisk constantly over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until sauce is thick and smooth, add your nutmeg – season, stir through the parsley and pour the sauce over the fish spreading evenly..
- Using a fork spread the mash over the oven dish. Sprinkle on the cheese for 30 min until golden and crispy (gas mark 6).
Spoon over the fish to completely cover. Serve with steamed broccoli or sugar snap peas. Remove from the oven, peel and mash them. Place the fish in a pan of water and bring to the boil. Bring milk to the boil in a pan and add the thickening granules.