Kale Stew. Browse Our Great Selection of Books & Get Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Chop the sausages and toss with the flour, then add to the pan and cook until browned all over. Pour in the tomatoes and stock, and bring to a simmer.
Add the kale a big handful at a time, stirring to wilt before adding more. Stir in the reserved Parmesan broth, tomatoes, beans, and another pinch of salt. Stir in the vinegar and season generously with salt, pepper, and pepper flakes. You can cook Kale Stew using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kale Stew
- You need of Kale.
- It’s 1 pound of kale.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need of Onion.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cups of sweet white onion.
- It’s 1-1/2 cups of red onion.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of ghee/ clarified butter.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt.
- Prepare of Meat.
- Prepare 9 ounces of smoked pork sausage.
- You need 3/4 pound of smoked ham.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s of Beans.
- You need 4 cups of already cooked great northern beans with juices.
- You need 3 cups of water.
- You need 1 tablespoon of honey.
Stir in the tomatoes, salt, and pepper; bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until. A big, bubbling winter veggie stew, brimming with nutty cannellini and borlotti beans, rich tomatoes, plenty of garlic and leafy seasonal kale. Season to taste, then serve with yogurt and extra lemon, if you like.
Kale Stew instructions
- Heat the water and salt to a slight boil. Add the kale and wilt it down. Add to the instapot and pressure cook for 20 minutes..
- While it pressure cooks add some gee to a pot. Slice the onions thinly. Melt and heat the ghee.
- Add the onions to the ghee. Add the pink Himalayan salt and cook till translucent. Turn heat on hi. Hopefully there will be some onion stuff stuck to bottom of pan..
- Remove the onions. Slice the ham. Cut the sausage on a bias. Add the meats to the pan with the onion residue in the bottom..
- Add a cup of water to the meats. Deglaze the pan and simmer covered for 12 minutes. Add the onion to the kale. Add the beans to the kale and onions and mix..
- The meat has flavored the water well. Add the meats to the kale and stir. Add honey mix well. Put back on for an hour on stew meat..
- After it cooked for an hour, let rest 10 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
In a large pot or dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add shallots and let cook until tender and fragrant. Add garlic, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Next, pour in chick peas and let cook one to two minutes. Then add diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, and parmesan.