Brad's panini w/ cream of broccoli & turnip green soup. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! The panini also has beechwood smoked ham & jerk spiced turkey.
Subscribe for free for access to unlimited recipes ! Cream of broccoli soup with grilled vegetable panini. This is a great way to use up broccoli stock ends. You can have Brad's panini w/ cream of broccoli & turnip green soup using 24 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's panini w/ cream of broccoli & turnip green soup
- It’s of For the soup.
- You need of butter.
- It’s of large shallot, sliced.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- You need of large broccoli crowns with a few inches of stem on each one.
- You need of chicken broth.
- It’s of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare of chopped turnip greens.
- You need of fresh tarragon.
- Prepare of whipping cream, not heavy cream.
- It’s of grated smoked cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Cornstarch slurry…,optional.
- You need of French fried onions for garnish.
- Prepare of For the panini.
- Prepare of grain whole wheat bread.
- Prepare of Softened butter.
- It’s of Sliced smoked Swiss cheese.
- You need of Sliced smoked Muenster cheese.
- You need of Beechwood smoked ham, deli sliced.
- It’s of Jerk spiced turkey, deli sliced.
- It’s of Thin sliced sweet onion.
- Prepare of Thin sliced tomato.
- You need of Thin sliced avocado.
- It’s of Mayonnaise and spicy brown mustard.
They have great flavor, they just tend to be a little tough and not very pretty. I have been saving up my broccoli ends and I only have to use a couple handfuls of florets to make sure the color is a nice bright green. You could make this soup any number of ways, it's just the basic. Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan, add the onion and fry gently until softened.
Brad's panini w/ cream of broccoli & turnip green soup step by step
- Start with the soup. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. When heated add butter and shallots. Sauté until shallots start to caramelize. Add garlic and sauté 2 more minutes..
- Separate the broccoli stalks from the broccoli florets. Slice broccoli stalks thinly. Set aside..
- When shallots are done, add broth and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Add broccoli stalks and cook until they tenderize..
- Then add broccoli florets, turnip greens, and tarragon. Simmer until everything tenderizes..
- Use an immersion blender to blend everything in the pot until it is smooth. Add half and half. Bring back to a simmer. Stir often. add salt and pepper to taste. If you are good with the consistency, move to next step. If you feel it needs to be a little thicker, mix cold water and corn starch at a 1:1 ratio. Slowly add to simmering soup until you get desired consistency..
- Add cheddar to soup and stir until melted..
- I used a George foreman grill to cook the paninis, but in a pan works too..
- Butter the outsides of the slices of bread. On the insides, spread mayo and mustard. Next layer your desired ingredients on your sandwiches. Use a little cheese in between each layer to kind of act like glue..
- Grill or fry until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted. Slice sandwiches in half..
- Add soup to a bowl. Garnish with fried onions. Serve sandwiches on a plate. Enjoy..
Add the broccoli florets, salt and freshly ground black pepper and stock and simmer for five minutes, or until. Melt the butter in a large frying pan and, once sizzling, add the broccoli. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle in as much of the parmesan as you want to use. Gently stir the florets in the cheese and butter. Scatter on a little more grated parmesan to serve.