Creamy Mushroom Soup WITHOUT Cream. Unlike many other cream of mushroom soup recipes, this recipe doesn't require a basic roux with flour and no dairy or creamer is added. It's a creamy and tasty soup that happens to be low in calories, gluten-free, low carb, and keto -friendly. You can also turn this mushroom soup into vegan by using vegan butter and vegetable broth.
Add carrots, onions, leeks, and celery. Stir in thyme and mushrooms, and continue. Add the mushrooms, garlic and onion and season with pepper. You can have Creamy Mushroom Soup WITHOUT Cream using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Mushroom Soup WITHOUT Cream
- It’s 1/2 of Organic Onion.
- It’s 3 Cups of Organic Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of Medium Organic Potato.
- It’s 2 Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 3 Cups of Organic Mushroom Broth or Water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Organic Oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Organic All-Purpose Flour.
- Prepare Pinch of Parsley.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper.
Cook until the vegetables are softened and. For a dairy-free/vegan option, you can use almond milk, this mushroom soup will be still nice and creamy. Flavors: What really makes this soup to die for is the awesome combination of earthy mushrooms, fresh garlic, and herbs. Make sure you have these fresh ingredients alongside some good vegetable broth and you'll have the best soup ever.
Creamy Mushroom Soup WITHOUT Cream instructions
- Chop and cook potato and set it aside.
- Add Olive Oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add Garlic & Onion to the pan and cook for 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes, set 1 tbsp mushrooms aside for later.
- Add Flour, Salt, and Pepper.
- Add Mushroom Broth or water and bring it to boil.
- Add cooked and chopped potato to the soup and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Put soup into the blender and blend for 3 minutes on high.
- Add Pinch of Parsley and 1 tbsp mushrooms on top and serve.
I am not a big fan of using cream in soups, so when I came across this little neat mushroom soup recipe yesterday, I thought it was worth a try. It was super easy to make, and although I didn't have all the ingredients ( I. While this option may sound weird, the reality is that sour cream is a great option to use in place of cream of mushroom soup. Add ½ cup of sour cream, about one cup of chopped mushrooms, and one cup of vegetable or mushroom broth. If you want a thicker sauce for beef stroganoff or in baking, add one egg white too.