Demi Glace. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Check Out Demi-glace On eBay. A demi-glace is a rich, brown sauce based in French cuisine that is either used on its own or as a foundation for other sauces. It's not a gravy or stock, although the latter is used to make demi-glace.
It is made from a reduction of clear stock and sauce espagnole – stock that has been thickened with a roux, diced vegetables and. Demi-glace (French: [dəmi ɡlass], 'half glaze') is a rich brown sauce in French cuisine used by itself or as a base for other sauces. The term comes from the French word glace, which, when used in reference to a sauce, means "icing" or "glaze."It is traditionally made by combining one part Espagnole sauce and one part brown stock. You can cook Demi Glace using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Demi Glace
- It’s of sachet d'épices/ pasta cooker.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of thyme dried.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of whole peppercorns.
- You need 1 tablespoons of parsley.
- You need 1 leaf of bay leaf dried.
- You need of Liquids.
- It’s 3 cups of Espagnole sauce see my recipe.
- You need 3 cups of beef stock see my recipe Batch 2.
The sauce is then reduced by half, strained of any left over. A savoury sauce made with meat juices. A demi-glace is a deep brown colour and has a rich flavour. Demi-glace will keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks when stored in a sealed container.
Demi Glace instructions
- Add the sachet d'épices, herbs tied in cheese cloth, or individual pasta cooker, to pot. Add the Espagnole sauce and beef stock..
- Bring to a boil then turn heat down to a simmer. Simmer till reduced to about half..
- You have made a rich delicious sauce. Remove sachet d'épices, and strain through a sieve. I hope you enjoy!!! To let you know when it cools and you put into the refrigerator, it will solidify..
You can also freeze it for three or four months. Unlike classic demi-glace, this recipe will not set up into a gel when chilled (store-bought stock doesn't contain the gelatin of homemade stock made with bones). Since you can't use the typical method of freezing demi-glace, freeze this sauce in ice. Make homemade demi-glace using Chef's John's recipe that makes a pure veal stock reduction. It takes time, but is well worth the effort.