Pumpkin Pie. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Push the cooled pumpkin through a sieve into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, salt, nutmeg and half the cinnamon. Mix in the beaten eggs, melted butter and milk, then add to the pumpkin purée and stir to combine.
Lay the squash in a baking tray. Sprinkle with the nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon and drizzle with the maple syrup. Allow the pieces of squash to cool, then scoop. You can cook Pumpkin Pie using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Pie
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of brown sugar.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
- It’s of ground ginger.
- You need of ground cloves.
- You need of ground nutmeg.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of eggs.
- Prepare of pumpkin puree.
- You need of evaporated milk.
- Prepare of pie crust.
Try serving this traditional American treat with a dollop of fresh, zesty whipped cream. A rich and buttery shortcrust pastry is filled, with a lusciously spiced, pumpkin filling. It is then baked to perfection. Serve with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream.
Pumpkin Pie step by step
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Beat eggs slightly in a bowl.
- Slowly add pumpkin and dry ingredients mixing with a spoon..
- Add evaporated milk and mix.
- Pour into pie crust (homemade or store bought)..
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes..
- Lower temperature to 350 and bake an additional 30-40 minutes until a knife comes out clean when poked..
- Let cool for 2 hours before refrigerating..
- Add toasted pumpkin seeds on top (optional). I toasted mine with olive oil, salt, sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg..
A proper pumpkin pie requires a proper cooking pumpkin – if you can't find one, use a butternut squash instead – crisp, flaky pastry, and the light creaminess of evaporated milk. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl. Pumpkin pie is a food item that can be eaten by the player. Sprinkle the cinnamon onto the pastry. Meanwhile, put the pumpkin, single cream, sugar, nutmeg and ginger in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.