Sweet Potato Quinoa Balls. Hundreds Of Different Retro Hampers & Gifts To Choose From. From Gourmet Food Hampers To Retro Sweet Hampers, Order Your Perfect Hamper Today! Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Instructions Combine mashed sweet potato, cooked quinoa, oats and cheese to a bowl and stir till combined.
Begin by boiling the quinoa and baking the sweet potato – either in the oven or in the microwave. When the quinoa is done and the sweet potato is baked place both in a mixing bowl. Chop the onion and add into the mixing bowl along with the sweet corn. You can cook Sweet Potato Quinoa Balls using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Quinoa Balls
- Prepare 1 large of sweet potato.
- You need 1 pinch of Paprika.
- You need 1 pinch of Dried cayenne.
- You need of Coconut oil (or any cooking oil).
- It’s 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of Quinoa.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 medium of onion.
- It’s 1 large of Egg (maybe 2).
Mix all together. (The sweet potato should make the mix hold together). If using frozen spinach, desfrost and squeeze the excessed water. If using fresh spinach, wilt them in a hot pan a. In a big bowl, place the roasted sweet potato (peeled) or the puree, spinach, egg, grated parmesan, boiled.
Sweet Potato Quinoa Balls step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F Fahrenheit..
- Cut sweet potato into small cubes and spread out on baking sheet. Drizzle with coconut oil, paprika, cayenne, and salt and pepper..
- Bake potatoes for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are fairly soft..
- While potatoes are baking, cook the quinoa in water. Bring to a boil and then summer until all of the water is absorbed (10-20 minutes).
- Chop onions into small pieces. Once quinoa and potatoes are done, sauté the onions in a large frying pan. Stir in the sweet potatoes. Cover and cook over medium heat for about 5-10 minutes until the sweet potatoes begin to break down. Then, stir in the quinoa and mash together while cooking. Once everything begins to stick together, place mixture in a bowl and refrigerate until it is cool enough to handle..
- Once cool, roll mixture into balls (whatever size you like). You can either eat these now, or freeze them. I think they are easier to fry once they are frozen..
- When you are ready to serve them, roll the balls in an egg wash and cover cook over medium heat. Be sure to cook each side..
- Serve alone or with a sauce of your choice. I like a roasted vegetable tomato sauce, but BBQ sauce or mustard would be really good..
Roast the sweet potato WHOLE until it is. Finely chop half of the carrot and half an onion and mix in a bowl. Mix in the quinoa, parsley, oregano, and salt into the… Tonight I made quinoa and sweet potato balls. I looked at a few different recipes, taking elements of all of them to create my own recipe. These are a great snack or would make a filling nutritious meal with a side of salad or vegetables.