Cream of Mushroom & Broccoli Soup. A Game Changer For Your Recipes. View Recipe Collection For Cream Of Mushroom. Who would guess that Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom soup is so versatile.
In a large pot, melt butter. In this cream of mushroom soup recipe, we use flour to thicken the soup, but there are plenty of handy ways to thicken soups and sauces. For gluten-free options, you could use cornstarch or arrowroot. You can cook Cream of Mushroom & Broccoli Soup using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cream of Mushroom & Broccoli Soup
- Prepare of Mushrooms.
- Prepare of Broccoli.
- You need of Broth.
- You need of Lg. Onion.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- You need of & Half.
- You need of Butter.
- It’s of Flour.
- Prepare of Red Cooking Wine.
- Prepare of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Seasoned Salt.
- It’s of Onion Powder.
- It’s of Garlic Powder.
- You need of Oregano.
- It’s of Parsley Flakes.
- It’s of Canola Oil.
- You need of Grated Parmesan.
They'll also keep your sauce clear and cloud-free. Melt butter in large frying pan. Add in onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Using a sieve over a large bowl, strain the mushroom puree.
Cream of Mushroom & Broccoli Soup step by step
- Prep ingredients as shown..
- Put a little canola oil in a large pot and sauté onion and garlic. Throw the whole stick of butter in along with the mushrooms. Cook a couple minutes while coating everything with butter. Season with herbs and spices. Dump in the flour and cook another few minutes. Finally add in the broccoli..
- Introduce the red wine. Stir and cook out alcohol. Add the Stock to the party and stir. Simmer for about 15 minutes to allow it to thicken..
- Pour in half and half while stirring. Add enough to get a cream of mushroom looking color. That is at your discretion. If you happen to add too much liquid, mix a little corn starch with cold water and pour it in. That should thicken things back up..
- Finish with parsley flakes and a little grated Parmesan. Sandwiches are optional, of course..
Return the puree to the pot and reheat over medium heat. Whisk the heavy cream, Madeira, and salt into the soup and season with pepper. Add the half-and-half, cream, and parsley,. Cream of mushroom soup is a great ingredient when you're seeking a silky, smooth, velvety texture in a variety of dishes, like casseroles, soups, or rich sauces for chicken and beef. It has that thick, creamy consistency that makes it oh-so-appealing and indulgent for those looking for something decadent tasting.