pot roast & homemade mashed potatoes. Read customer reviews & Find best sellers. Start a free trial today on Audible. Download your first audiobook for free.
Next lightly brown the onions, carrots, celery and swede, then remove them temporarily to the plate, too. Heat a casserole pot on the hob over medium high heat. Put the chicken into a large casserole dish, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. You can cook pot roast & homemade mashed potatoes using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of pot roast & homemade mashed potatoes
- You need 4 lb of beef roast.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 bag of of carrots.
- Prepare 1 packages of whole mushrooms.
- Prepare 6 small of corn on cobb.
- It’s 1 bag of idaho potatoes.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks..
- Prepare 2 packages of brown gravy mix.
- You need 4 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of tonys seasoning.
- You need 1 of salt &pepper.
- It’s 1 of garlic & onion powder.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of water.
Grease the ceramic pot of the slow cooker. Season roast with salt and pepper. Place beef in pot with fat side up. Then remove it from the oven and transfer it, together with any juices, to a deep pot.
pot roast & homemade mashed potatoes step by step
- season roast with salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and tonys. I recommend Worcester sauce too. set aside..
- take the oil and about a teaspoon of each seasoning in the oil mix well. in a big bowl add all vegtables, except potatoes. mix oil mixture all over vegtables mix well with your hands..
- cut the onion in quarters. cut celery in half. in a big pot throw all vegtables together and put roast over them. arrange some vegetables on side. put onion and celery on top cover tightly with foil. put in refrigerator for a hour.( I recommend it be refrigerated over night. ).
- heat oven to 325 and while oven heats pull roast out refrigerator. heat up butter in a pan medium heat. cover roast with flour and brown for about two minutes on both sides. this is what helps set a good gravy..
- when its all browned put back in the pot with the vegtables add the dry seasoning packages on top of roast and vegtables, add 2 1/2 cups of hot water kinda mix in the clumps but they will cook out. cover tightly and cook 30 minutes at 325..
- after 30 minutes, drop down to 300 and cook for 5 and 1/2 hours..
- while that's cooking start a big pot of water boiling. cut, clean and add potatoes to pot. and boil about thirty minutes or until potatoes are soft. drain potatoes smush, add butter, salt, and pepper to your liking. and enjoy.
Surround the chicken with the vegetables, herbs and garlic, and pour over sufficient water to not quite cover the bird, adding the giblets as well. This method of cooking pork stops it drying out and keeps it juicy and soft. You also end up with a wonderful rich sticky sauce! Heat an appropriately sized casserole-type pan, add a lug of olive oil and sweat the onions and garlic gently until soft. Melt the butter in a flameproof casserole dish over a medium heat, add the pork and brown well on all sides.