Red Velvet Whoopee Pies. Line two baking trays with parchment, then lightly grease the parchment. In a large bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
Add oil, vanilla bean paste and food colouring to make a wet mixture. In a separate bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients to make a dry mixture. Add half of the dry mixture to the wet mixture, as well as half of. You can have Red Velvet Whoopee Pies using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Whoopee Pies
- You need of Red Velvet Cake.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of cocoa.
- It’s 2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 tsp of vinegar.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 oz of red food coloring.
- Prepare of Cream cheese icing.
- You need 2 of 8 oz cream cheese.
- You need 2 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla.
Red Velvet Whoopie Pies Everyone gets a kick out of this fun take on the popular red velvet cake. Combine the semisweet and milk chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave at. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. In a standing mixer, cream the butter and the sugar with the paddle attachment.
Red Velvet Whoopee Pies instructions
- Sift together flour, soda, sugar, and salt..
- Add cocoa..
- Mix vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla, vinegar, buttermilk, and food coloring.
- Add flour mixture to liquid mixture..
- Blend well.
- Drop my tablespoon into a greased baking sheet..
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool fully.
- Place one tablespoon of cream cheese icing between two red velvet cookies.
- Smash together..
Red Velvet Whoopie Pies Make one of these monster whoopie pies – or go traditional and make mini ones. Nurture your sweet tooth with some of these delectable red velvet whoopie pies. When you sink your teeth into the cake-like cookies sandwiched with cream cheese whoopie pie filling, you'll think you are in heaven. These red velvet sandwich cookies are lovely for Christmas, Valentine's Day, and any other event or holiday you have coming up. Be sure to do yourself a favor this holiday season and give these a try for your Christmas cookie trays! *from my book, Out of the Box Holiday Baking Red Velvet Whoopie Pies These Red Velvet Whoopie Pies are extraordinary!