Vegetable Beef Soup. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Find Hundreds Of Delicious And Warming Soup Recipes Here Melt-in-your-mouth chunks of beef, vegetables and potato in a hearty herb infused broth.
Add the water, barley, onion, celery, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining half of beef. Set the Instant Pot to the saute function. You can have Vegetable Beef Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetable Beef Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of stew beef.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 stalks of celery.
- Prepare 3 of small carrots, chopped.
- It’s 3 of white potatoes, small diced.
- It’s 3 ears of corn, cut off cob.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen baby Lima beans.
- It’s 1 of small can lesueur peas.
- You need 1 can of green beans.
- It’s 1 can of petite diced tomatoes.
- It’s 24 of oz's V8 juice.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and Pepper.
Brown the beef on both sides then remove and set aside. Saute all the vegetables then add the beef back in along with the tomatoes, soy sauce and beef stock. In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, combine the beef shanks, beef stock, onion, celery, pepper, bay leaf, and salt. Cover the pot and bring it to a boil over medium-high heat.
Vegetable Beef Soup instructions
- Cut stew beef into bite sized cubes. Brown in saute pan and transfer to a large stock pot..
- Add carrots, celery and onions to saute pan and cook until tender. Transfer to stock pot with beef..
- Add just enough water to cover and simmer until beef is tender. Keep an eye on the water level and add more if necessary..
- Add potatoes, corn and lima beans to stock pot. Add additional water to cover. Cook over medium heat until potatoes start to get tender..
- Add remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 20-30 minutes. Enjoy!.
- NOTE: Beef and vegetables can be browned in the stock pot. I just prefer the saute pan. NOTE: One pound of ground beef can be substituted for beef stew with the same delicious results..
Add tomatoes, cabbage, green beans, potatoes, carrots, and Worcestershire sauce to the pot along with sugar, if using. This soup is packed with vegetables, tomatoes, and beef. The beef gets super tender as it cooks in the soup and adds lots of flavor to the broth. I love how easy this soup can be thrown together. Simply brown the meat and sauté the veggies.