Beef Pot Roast. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics. Free delivery on eligible orders We Use Our Skill And Knowledge To Select Meat Specifically For Its Tenderness And Flavour. Try recipes such as pot-roast beef, chicken and guinea fowl.
Next lightly brown the onions, carrots, celery and swede, then remove them temporarily to the plate, too. In a thick-based pot, heat the oil on a medium-high heat till just starting to lightly smoke. Lower the heat, remove the meat from the pot and put on a plate to the side, add the veg to the pot along with the bay leaves, wine and sugar. You can have Beef Pot Roast using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Pot Roast
- Prepare 3 lb of beef roast – seasoned and seared.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of red potatoes – quartered.
- It’s 1 lb of baby carrots.
- You need 1 lb of white mushrooms – halved.
- It’s 1 bunch of celery – last 1/3 – 1/2 of leafy ends of whole bunch.
- Prepare 1 large of onion – quartered.
- Prepare 1 head of garlic – sliced in half horizontally.
- You need 2 can of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 of (seasoned) salt, pepper, garlic/onion powder… any favorite spices.
To make the brisket, season the beef all over with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in the pressure cooker over a medium-high heat, add the meat and brown it all over. Move the beef around the pan and flip it over to colour it on all sides. Transfer the beef to slow cooker and add the onions, carrots, celery, thyme and bay leaf, placing them around the joint.
Beef Pot Roast step by step
- turn crock pot on high – add broth (you can also use dutch oven – preheat oven to 300* add all ingredients to pot & cook 4-6 hours – until meat is tender).
- season meat with salt, pepper, etc. – seer in skillet & lay in broth (you can deglaze pan with red wine or sherry then add to pot).
- add all other ingredients & any desired spices.
- cook on high about 6-7 hours – or on low 8-9 hours (until meat is tender) – making sure there is plenty of juice (just add water).
Stir the tomato purée and wine (if using) into the hot beef stock and pour around the beef. The best beef for pot roast is Beef Chuck Roast. It's an economical cut of beef that's marbled with fat that needs to be slow cooked to breakdown the tough connective tissues so it becomes ultra tender to eat. Chuck roast can be purchased in large pieces that are or aren't rolled. You'll need an ovenproof, thick-bottomed pot with a cover, or Dutch oven, that is just wide enough to hold the brisket roast with a little room for the onions.