Beef stew # 2. This gluten and dairy free casserole is hearty and comforting, packed with chunky meat and veg. There's no nicer way to use up cheaper cuts of beef than in a warm, comforting stew. With dumplings, mash or even chips, there are loads of easy beef stew recipes to whet your appetite.
Crumble over the stock cubes or add the stock pots and stir, then season with pepper (don't add salt as the stock may be salty). Stroganoff, goulash, oxtail, daube – many cultures across Europe have their own version of the humble beef stew, probably because it is so simple to make and yet wonderfully rewarding. Enriched with pearl barley or cooked with dumplings, it can be the ultimate one-pot meal. You can cook Beef stew # 2 using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef stew # 2
- Prepare 3 lbs of beef stew meat *Note* can coat with flour after seasoning.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper or use Greek seasoning for seasoning meat.
- You need 3 pound of bag baby potato cut into fourths I don't peel them.
- Prepare 1 (16 oz) of bag of baby carrots.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of large yellow or white onion chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 2 (12 oz) of jars of beef gravy.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of parsley.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of mushroom seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt or seasoned salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 4 Tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 (10 oz) of can tomatoes with green chilies drained.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can of sweet peas drained.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can of butter beans drained.
For the beef stew, heat the oil and butter in an ovenproof casserole and fry the beef until browned on all sides. Very tasty, I added a good glass of red wine to mine which makes the gravy very rich, I would avoid adding additional salt as. Peel and roughly chop the onion, peel and quarter the parsnips and peel and halve the carrots. Deseed and roughly dice the squash, and peel and halve the Jerusalem artichokes (if using).
Beef stew # 2 instructions
- Season beef as desired with salt and pepper or use Greek seasoning in slow cooker.
- Mix in carrots, potatoes, celery, garlic, tomatoes and water.
- Mix both jars of gravy with Worcestershire sauce, parsley. mushroom seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Pour on top and mix in well.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on low.
- Stir in peas and butter beans in the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Season the beef with some of the salt and pepper and coat with flour. In a casserole over medium-high heat, Saute the beef and shallots in the butter and oil until browned on the outside. This beef stew recipe uses oxtail for a rich and delicious dish. Let the oven do the hard work – it's well worth the wait. Let the oven do the hard work – it's well worth the wait.