Pot Roast. Deals Everyday for Your Kitchen and Home. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Start a free trial today on Audible.
Try recipes such as pot-roast beef, chicken and guinea fowl. Next lightly brown the onions, carrots, celery and swede, then remove them temporarily to the plate, too. Heat a casserole pot on the hob over medium high heat. You can have Pot Roast using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pot Roast
- It’s of for the Roast.
- You need 3 lb of beef pot roast.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 2 tsp of Kosher salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need of in the crock pot.
- It’s 4 of Carrots.
- It’s 3 of potatoes, quartered.
- Prepare 2 of sweet onions, sliced.
- It’s 3 stick of celery.
- It’s 8 oz of mushrooms, whole and washed.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of beef broth.
Put the chicken into a large casserole dish, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grease the ceramic pot of the slow cooker. Season roast with salt and pepper. Place beef in pot with fat side up.
Pot Roast instructions
- Coat roast with flour, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, & garlic..
- Sear outside of roast in skillet (optional) by placing some oil in the skillet and browning all sides using tongs. Don't forget about the ends!.
- Place potatoes in crock..
- Place roast and scrape all drippings from skillet in to crock..
- Filter mushrooms in spare spaces in crock..
- Add carrots, celery, & onions (in that order) to crock..
- Pour broth over it all. Add more if the pot gets dry while cooking..
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours for the best results, or on high for 6-8 hours if you're in a rush..
Melt the butter in a flameproof casserole dish over a medium heat, add the pork and brown well on all sides. Remove the pork and add the swede, carrot and. This method of cooking pork stops it drying out and keeps it juicy and soft. You also end up with a wonderful rich sticky sauce! Heat an appropriately sized casserole-type pan, add a lug of olive oil and sweat the onions and garlic gently until soft.