Broken glass cupcakes. Frost each cupcake using an offset spatula. Twist pan to release and break caramel in order for it to resemble broken glass. Drizzle or pipe cherry preserves where caramel has entered the cupcake.
Heat over a very gentle heat until melted, then pour onto a baking sheet lined with non-stick baking paper and allow to harden. Break gently with the end of a rolling pin to create the effect of broken glass. Stir in the red and blue food coloring. You can have Broken glass cupcakes using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Broken glass cupcakes
- It’s 1 box of red velvet cake.
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 cup of light corn syrup.
- It’s 2 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of corn starch.
- Prepare 1 cup of light corn syrup.
- Prepare 15 of red food color.
- Prepare 2 of blue food color.
- You need 1 can of white frosting.
Stab each frosted cupcake with a few shards of broken sugar glass. Stir in the red and blue food coloring. Stab each frosted cupcake with a few shards of broken sugar glass. And there you have it: the super fun and awesome way to make your own bloody broken glass cupcakes.
Broken glass cupcakes step by step
- pre heat oven to 350.
- make cupcakes a directed on box.
- mix in a pot the corn syrup the water and sugar using a candy thermometer Boil mixture until 300°.
- put mixture in a baking sheet and let cool.
- frost cupcakes and set aside.
- once candy mixture has cooled take a meat mallet and break into pieces and place on cupcakes.
- mix in a bowl the corn syrup the corn starch and food color.
- drizzle mixture over cupcakes.
Combine sugar, corn syrup, and water into a small sauce pan. Place over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Frost the cupcakes and set them aside while you work on for the broken glass. For the broken glass design, put sugar, corn syrup, cream of tartar and water into a sauce pan. Put it over medium heat and dissolve the sugar by stirring constantly using whisk or spoon.