Succotash. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Use a knife to cut down the length of the sweetcorn to remove the kernels. Heat the oil in a large lidded pan.
Succotash (from Narragansett sohquttahhash, "broken corn kernels") is a culinary dish consisting primarily of sweet corn with lima beans or other shell beans. Other ingredients may be added including corned beef, potatoes, turnips, salt pork, tomatoes, multi-colored sweet peppers, and okra. In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. You can have Succotash using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Succotash
- It’s 2 cups of lima beans.
- It’s 2 cups of corn.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1/8 pound of smoked bacon 2 slices.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water if not using canned corn and juices.
Add bell peppers, zucchini, lima beans, and corn. Allrecipes Lima beans and tomatoes are stewed with butter, then simmered with corn. This is fabulous with fresh summer veggies, but frozen or canned can be used. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeno, and salt and season with pepper to taste.
Succotash step by step
- Cut the bacon up and fry till almost crispy just enough to harvest the drippings..
- Add all the rest of the ingredients first the lima beans..
- Then the corn and corn juices if using canned, use the water if not, and simmer for 20-25 minutes..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
Cool; remove meat from the bone and return to pan. (Discard bone and broth or save for another use.) Add the tomatoes, beans, peas, corn, green pepper, onion, ketchup and seasonings. To make the succotash, heat the butter in a saucepan. There are three must-have ingredients in a good pan of succotash. You must have fresh tomatoes, and we prefer cherry tomatoes to boost the sweetness of the dish and add a little acidity for balance. Instead of heavy cream, this recipe calls for salted butter to give the colorful vegetables richness without turning them gray.