Skillet Succotash. Great Range for Kitchen & Home Online. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! A wide range of Circulon Excellence frying pans & skillets.
When hot, add the slices of bacon. Remove bacon and place on paper towels to drain and cool. Do not remove drippings from skillet. You can cook Skillet Succotash using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Skillet Succotash
- It’s 12 oz of Frozen Lima Beans.
- Prepare 12 oz of Frozen Corn.
- It’s 2 strips of bacon.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion chopped.
- You need 1 of Red Bell Pepper (chopped).
- It’s Handful of fresh Green Beans (cut in 1 inch strips).
- It’s 3 tbsp of Butter.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
Stir and cook until onions are tender. Here is how you do it. The ingredients needed to make Skillet Succotash: Use of Frozen Lima Beans. You need of Red Bell Pepper (chopped).
Skillet Succotash step by step
- Cut bacon in 1 inch strips. Place in wok or skillet over high heat on stove. Render all the oil from bacon..
- Add onions, red bell pepper, and green beans to the rendered bacon. Stir continuously over high heat..
- After a couple of minutes of stirring, add the frozen corn and frozen Lima beans. Add butter after a couple of more minutes..
- You want all the vegetables to be hot and done, but not overdone. Crisp is better than limp vegetables..
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Eat and enjoy.
Melt butter in heavy large skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat. Several years ago our family was in Branson, MO and went to Silver Dollar City amusement park. This them park is based on old times in the Ozark Mountains. Remove from skillet and add corn and squash vegetables, cooking until soft. Remove from skillet into a separate bowl.