Green chili chicken enchilladas. Simple chicken enchiladas are covered with a zesty green chili sauce and lots of melty Mexican cheese. Add more oil to pan as needed. Drain between layers of paper towel and keep warm.
Stir in sour cream and salsa verde; cook until heated through. I start with a some of the sauce, then a layer of tortillas, a layer of sauce, then the shredded chicken, then cheese, then back to the tortillas. Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. You can cook Green chili chicken enchilladas using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Green chili chicken enchilladas
- Prepare of cream of chicken (10.5 oz.).
- Prepare of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- You need of hatched chpped green chili (no canned. can also use buenos).
- You need of mild shredded cheese.
- You need of milk.
- Prepare of season salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- You need of garlic salt.
- It’s of yellow onion (chopped).
- Prepare of white corn tortilla.
- You need of veggy oil.
- It’s of optional toppings : chopped lettus an tomato. dollup of sour cream.
The first step in making green chile chicken enchiladas is to make the fresh green chile sauce. Start by sauteing half a chopped onion and some minced garlic in olive oil. Once softened, sprinkle in flour to thicken the mix and make a roux. Add in diced Hatch green chile, and chicken broth.
Green chili chicken enchilladas instructions
- preheat oven to 400·.
- dont forget to wash your hands..
- in large pot bring your chicken breast to boil for about half hour..
- when chicken is done..drain and chop as small as possible..
- in sauce pan combine your chicken ..chopped onion.. cream of chicken .. choppd green chili.. thee half cup of cheese and all spices. cook on med. heat for about 5-7 minutes..
- while the chicken mix cooks. heat oil in small pan. fry 4 corn tortillas one at a time. not too long you want soft corn tortilla not crispy..
- layer the bottom of a deep small oven pan with corn tortilla. turn chicken mix off and add 3 large heaps of mixture to corn tortilla. spread all over. continue to layer corn tortilla and mixture..
- top with cheese and put in over for 10 minutes..
- let cool and serve with shredded lettuce chopped tomato and a dollup of sour cream..
Stir to coat evenly, then remove the skillet from the heat and let cool. Add the chicken, beans, and green chile. In medium bowl, stir together chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream and chiles. Roll up tortillas; arrange, seam sides down, in baking dish. Top enchiladas with remaining enchilada sauce.