Goat stew in tomato sauce. Garden At Home With Sarah Raven, Wide Range of Products Available Online Personalise With Your Message and Photo or Choose One of Our Best Sellers! Can't See Them Face to Face? Send Them A Special Card To Brighten Their Day!
Great recipe for Goat stew in tomato sauce. Kalderetang Kambing is stewed goat meat in spicy tomato and liver sauce. Kaldereta or caldereta is also a method of cooking which means to stew meat in a large cauldron (caldera in Spanish) or pot. You can have Goat stew in tomato sauce using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Goat stew in tomato sauce
- Prepare 1 lb of Goat meat.
- Prepare of Vinegar.
- It’s 3 tablespoon of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garlic; minced.
- Prepare 1 of medium-sized onion; minced.
- You need 3 of medium-sized tomato; diced.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato sauce.
- You need 3 pieces of bay leaves.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- It’s 6 tablespoon of liver spread.
- Prepare 1 of large-sized carrot.
- Prepare 1 of large-sized potato.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper; sliced.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
The dish is believed to have originated from Ilocos, a. Strain mixture into a saucepan, add a little of the meat juice from the simmering goat and simmer till the sauce thickens. Once the goat is tender, you can either serve it as is, or (if using an ovenproof casserole) place it under the grill to brown. Serve the birria hot with the sauce, refried beans and corn tortillas.
Goat stew in tomato sauce step by step
- In a large bowl, marinate goat meat for at least an hour using a mixture of vinegar, salt and ground black pepper. (this is to remove gamey of goat meat). After an hour, remove the goat meat from the marinade. Rinse and drain meat..
- Heat cooking pot or casserole, pour cooking oil. When cooking oil is hot enough, sautes garlic, onion and tomatoes. Occasionally stir until aromatic.
- Add marinated goat meat to the mixture of sauted ingredients. Wait until the outer part of the goat meat turns brown..
- Add Tomato sauce and bay leaves, stir and simmer for about 2 minutes..
- Add water, and allow it to boil. Cover and simmer (lower heat) for at least 45 minutes or until goat meat becomes tender. In this process the sauce will reduced..
- Add liver spread, stir well and continue cooking for 5 more minutes. If the sauce seemed to have dried up, you can add additional water..
- Add potatoes and carrots, stir well and continue to simmer for another 8 minutes..
- Add bell pepper, stir and simmer again for another 5 minutes..
- Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Turn off heat..
- Serve while hot and enjoy..
Add marinated goat meat to the mixture of saut�ed ingredients. This Tomato Stew Recipe is very popular in both Ghana and Nigeria, as a staple sauce that can combined with a vegetable sauce like okra, bitters, or tuo zaafi. The protein can be chicken, beef, or goat. I will be using goat meat in this recipe. Cook the onion, red bell pepper and garlic cloves from the marinade, until the onion is.