Calico Beans. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! In a four quart casserole dish, mix together the bacon, ground beef, pork and beans, kidney beans, butter beans, lima beans, ketchup, onion, vinegar, dry mustard and celery.
Traditionally, calico beans are made with bacon, ground beef, an assortment of lima or butter beans, pork and beans, and kidney beans, and a tangy sauce. But, you can easily substitute other beans like, pinto beans, black beans, navy beans, garbanzo beans, Great Northern beans, or what ever beans you have on hand. Combine the beef mixture, bacon, beans, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, mustard and salt in a slow cooker or in the Instant Pot. You can have Calico Beans using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Calico Beans
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 of family size can of Bush Baked Beans.
- It’s 1 can of butter beans.
- It’s 1 can of red kidney beans.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow onion (minced).
- You need 2 tsp of vinegar.
- You need to taste of salt & pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of yellow mustard.
- You need 1 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 2 cups of brown sugar.
In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Combine the brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar and mustard; add to meat mixture. Fry ground beef in fat until tender. To make Calico Beans in a slow cooker: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef and bacon; drain well and transfer to the slow cooker.
Calico Beans instructions
- In frying pan cook ground beef with minced onion, drain the grease, then add to crockpot. Place crockpot on high..
- Add baked beans, butter beans, kidney beans, vinegar, mustard, ketchup, salt & pepper & brown sugar. Stir with serving spoon, mix well. Cover & let cook for 3-4 hrs..
- Enjoy!!! 😆.
Add onion, all beans, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, and mustard. Nourishing, satisfying and the best pot of beans you'll ever tango with. A great line up of beans, bacon and a perfect combination of sweet and spicy. Planning a late Summer BBQ, you know, the one you've been putting off and you're afraid you're losing track of warm weather gatherings? Calico beans are a perfect side dish for hamburgers, hot dogs, BBQ's and potlucks, revved up baked beans with ground beef and bacon, brown sugar and three kinds of canned beans.