Sourdough Rye Bread. Low Prices on Sourdough Rye Bread. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Huge Selection on Second Hand Books. World of Books is one of the largest online sellers of second-hand books in the world You now have rye starter, which is a malty flavoured base to sourdough bread.
Instead, pop the loaf into a paper bag or a bread bin. Add more or less flour as necessary to get a soft dough. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until satiny. You can have Sourdough Rye Bread using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sourdough Rye Bread
- It’s 2 cups of organic dark rye flour.
- You need 1 cup of sourdough starter.
- Prepare 1 cup of cooled water after boiling.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 Tsp of grape molasses.
Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn once to oil the surface. Uncover the loaf, and slash a cross onto the top, to allow for expansion. If you like the look of a more rustic loaf, use the bread machine's dough cycle. Once the cycle is complete, remove the dough from the pan of the bread machine and form it into a round loaf.
Sourdough Rye Bread step by step
- Mix all dried ingredients together in a big bowl.
- Add sourdough starter, mix everything together using a folk. Add extra water if you feel the mixture is too dry. Ideally, you want to make a wet paste that can be picked up using a spoon.
- Sprinkle a baking bowl with some flour, drop your dough into it.
- Allow it to rise for anywhere between 4-12 hours. The longer you wait, the tangier it tastes.
- Bake at 400F for 50 minutes with a water bath to create a perfect crust.
One to bake the bread on and one just below. If you have a baking stone or dutch oven, use them. Score the loaves in your preferred pattern and place them in the oven. Place the starter in a large bowl and add the cold water and flour. Stir with a spoon to form a nice loose mixture, cover.