Funnel Cake. Whilst the oil heats up, whisk together the flour, icing sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and a good pinch of salt. They are made from a batter similar to a pancake mix, which is poured through a funnel (or very wide nozzle) to create circular ribbons that are deep-fried to hold them together. Funnel cakes are made by pouring batter into hot cooking oil in a circular pattern and deep frying the overlapping mass until golden-brown.
Alton Brown recommends they be made with choux pastry, which expands from steam. Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Combine the flour and the egg mixture and beat together with an electric whisk until smooth. You can cook Funnel Cake using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Funnel Cake
- You need 1 cup of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Salt.
- You need of Oil for frying.
- It’s of Powdered sugar for garnish.
- You need of To make Strawberry sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Strawberry.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 4 tablespoons of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of Corn flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla essence.
Heat cooking oil in a pan. Hold your finger over the bottom of the funnel and fill the funnel with the batter. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a large bowl, beat eggs.
Funnel Cake step by step
- Add the milk and egg and mix well.
- In this add little by little all purpose flour, baking powder, salt and mix well.
- Refrigerate and set the mix for 30 minutes.
- In meanwhile, take a saucepan add the strawberry, sugar, water on a low flame for 5 minutes.
- Mix and keep the corn flour with little water and there must be no lumps.
- Add the vanilla essence and corn flour mix into the saucepan.
- And it will form into a strawberry sauce.
- After 30 minutes, take the flour mix into zip cover and cut the corner, and fry it by pressing the cover.
- Like we used to make jelabi’s.
- Now set the fried funnel on a plate and on the top serve with strawberry sauce and dust it with powdered sugar.
- A yummy dessert.
Add milk, water and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; beat into egg mixture until smooth. The name "funnel cake" comes from the idea of pouring the batter directly into the hot frying oil through a funnel. If you choose to use this method, rather than the zip-top bag method, you must be sure to hold the opening of the funnel closed, fill the funnel with the batter, and then release your finger once the funnel is held over the oil. Pour batter into a funnel or squeeze bottle while using your index finger to stop the flow of the batter.