Salt and Chilli Chicken. A good salt and chilli chicken consist of three elements. The chicken itself, which needs to be deep-fried. Secondly, the vegetable stir fry on which the chicken is served.
Lightly battered crispy salt and pepper chicken with a chilli twist. These crispy bites are fantastic as a savoury snack or serve over rice as a delicious meal. Especially great with a Chinese tea or a can of cold drink. You can cook Salt and Chilli Chicken using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salt and Chilli Chicken
- You need of chicken breasts (cut into strips).
- You need of baking powder.
- You need of plain flour.
- You need of cornflour.
- It’s of garlic salt.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of chilli powder.
- You need of small chillis.
- It’s of chopped scallions.
- It’s of egg whites.
- Prepare of soy sauce.
- It’s of sesame oil.
- You need of garlic cloves chopped.
- Prepare of pepper p/p.
- It’s of onion p/p.
- Prepare of fresh coriander.
- Prepare of fresh parsley.
You can find salt and chilli chicken in all most all Chinese restaurants and takeout in UK. First of all, cut the chicken thigh into small bite size pieces. Mix the chicken pieces well with the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic paste and baking soda. If you have more time you can let it sit for more time.
Salt and Chilli Chicken step by step
- Mix egg whites with soy sauce,garlic salt, chilli powder and salt. Add chicken strips and marinade in fridge for 30 mins..
- Mix flour, cornflour and baking powder then coat 5-6 strips at a time and lay on tray..
- Once all strips are coated, deep fry them in batches in hot oil at 180 degrees until golden brown (just few minutes). Then place on a tray..
- Heat pan and add sesame oil. Quickly sauté julienne of onion and pepper along with garlic, chilli and chopped scallions. Add few drops of soy sauce and season with salt and pepper..
- Pan fry chicken strips for few seconds and add fresh coriander and fresh parsley..
- Serve on its own or with egg fried rice or chips or noodles..
Salt & Chili Chicken is one of my favorite dishes, a perfect weekend treat to tickle those taste buds. This Salt and Chilli Chicken is a quick and easy dinner packed with flavour thanks to the six different spices used to create a totally mooreish make at home Chinese favourite. It's fragrant, tender and with just the right amount of spice to wake up your tastebuds. Just like this Thai Garlic Chilli Chicken. Time to make the Salt and Chilli Chicken.