Mississippi Style Pot Roast. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Buy Crockpots – We carry all Type, Capacity and Style options! It's typically made with a chuck roast, which is inexpensive and easy to find at most grocery stores. You can also makes this with other cuts of meat, like I have with Mississippi Pulled Pork.
Sprinkle the au jus and ranch mixes and then place the stick of butter on top of the roast. Good news, you can bust out this Mississippi pot roast with a traditional oven to. After browning the roast, remove it from heat but keep it in the Dutch oven. You can have Mississippi Style Pot Roast using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mississippi Style Pot Roast
- You need 2-3 lb of beef roast (I prefer sirloin tip).
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s to taste of pepper.
- You need 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 package of dry au jus gravy mix.
- It’s 1 package of dry ranch dressing mix.
- It’s 5-6 of peperoncini peppers.
- You need 1/8 cup of peperoncini brine.
- You need of All purpose flour (for the gravy).
Then add the seasoning, butter, and peppers, as the recipe instructs. Unexpected and simple ingredients meld together in this flavorful—some say best-ever—Mississippi pot roast. Mississippi pot roast is what we would call a "dump dinner" — the beef goes into the slow cooker, the rest of the ingredients get dumped on top of it, and then the whole thing gets cooked. There's no browning the beef, no extra add-ins before serving.
Mississippi Style Pot Roast instructions
- Preheat the olive oil in a skillet, season the meat with pepper and then sear it on all sides..
- Add the seared roast to your slow cooker, fat side up..
- Sprinkle the au jus and ranch mixes and then place the stick of butter on top of the roast..
- Place the peperoncinis around the roast, in regular intervals..
- Pour the brine around the edges or even on top, if you like..
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours..
- Once it's done, remove it to a plate so it can rest..
- Pour the liquid into a sauce pan, add flour a teaspoon at a time, stir briskly with a whisk and simmer on low until it thickens into a rich gravy..
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes and a vegetable of your choice. Enjoy!!.
You don't even have to stir together the ingredients! Heat a large Dutch oven over high heat. While the pot is heating, liberally season the roast with salt and pepper. Add the oil to the hot pot, then add the roast. Mississippi pot roast is a fantastic roast.