Ham & Bean Soup. Book Unique Holiday Homes in Ham. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Ham is pork from a leg cut that has been preserved by wet or dry curing, with or without smoking.
In addition, numerous ham products have specific. The finest ham is generally cooked on the bone and hand carved. Various factors influence the flavour and texture of ham including the cut and curing process chosen, whether the meat has been dry. You can have Ham & Bean Soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ham & Bean Soup
- It’s 1 pound of Northern beans.
- You need 1 of large ham shank.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 of medium stalk celery.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded carrots.
- You need 7 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of celery salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried minced onion.
- You need 1/2 tsp of mustard powder.
Remove the top layer of skin, leaving a thin layer of fat around the meat. Twenty to thirty minutes before the end of cooking time, brush with the glaze of your choice – a mixture of maple syrup and coarse-grain mustard is good. Cure: Unless the ham is sold as fresh, the hams are cured, which can mean wet-cured (brined) or dry-cured. Brine-cured ham is soaked in a liquid-salt mixture before being smoked and is the most common variety of ham.
Ham & Bean Soup instructions
- Rince and drain beans and add to crockpot.
- Add 1 large ham hock or shank.
- Add all other ingredients and cook on low for 7 hours.
- Take ham shank out and discard bones and cartilage.
- Add meat back to soup and add more ham if necessary. I used leftovers, cook for another 30 minutes.
Dry-cured ham is where the entire surface of the meat is thoroughly covered with salt and then stored until the salt permeates. This classic, winning combination of ham and asparagus works so well in this creamy tart. Sausages made using our own recipes to guarantee perfect flavour and texture every time. Latest news, sport, and things to do for Hampstead, Highgate, Camden and the surrounding London areas from the Ham & High. HAM follows the contented life of Rabbit; capturing his daily adventures, sporting escapades.