Funnel Cake. Get your favourites from &Cake delivered. Download the app and order now! Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Whilst the oil heats up, whisk together the flour, icing sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and a good pinch of salt.
Alton Brown recommends they be made with choux pastry, which expands from steam. These are tasty little flat fried cakes that taste best served warm and dusted with icing sugar. They are made from a batter similar to a pancake mix, which is poured through a funnel (or very wide nozzle) to create circular ribbons that are deep-fried to hold them together. You can cook Funnel Cake using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Funnel Cake
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of large egg or 2 medium sized.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It’s of Cooking oil to fry.
- Prepare of Confectioners sugar.
Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Combine the flour and the egg mixture and beat together with an electric whisk until smooth. Heat cooking oil in a pan.
Funnel Cake step by step
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Beat the egg and add to the dry ingredients..
- Gradually add the milk until you get the consistency of pancake batter making sure it is not too loose. If it is too thick gradually add some water..
- Let it sit for about 5 minutes. Heat enough cooking oil in a deep frying pan..
- Pour the batter into a piping bag or use a freezer bag..
- Once the oil is hot, snip off a bit at the bottom edge of the bag and use a circular motion to pour the batter in the hot oil..
- Fry for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown..
- Remove from oil and place on a paper towel to drain the oil. Place on a plate and dust with some confectioners sugar. Serve and enjoy it while it’s still hot..
Hold your finger over the bottom of the funnel and fill the funnel with the batter. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, water and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; beat into egg mixture until smooth. Method Start by heating some oil gently in a small pan, just big enough to fry one cake at a time – the oil should come halfway up the sides, ideally in a small pan so you don't use too much oil.