Ham and Bean Soup. Investment in Amazon Could Create You A Second Salary Every Month. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Remove bone and cut off remaining meat. In a large pot over high heat, bring the water to a. Beans will soak up some water, so you will need to add more water later. You can cook Ham and Bean Soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ham and Bean Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of ham rough chopped.
- Prepare 1 lb of dried great northern beans.
- Prepare 1 gallon of homemade ham stock.
- It’s 1 cup of finely chopped carrots.
- It’s 1 cup of finely chopped celery.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 tbsp of dehydrated onion flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Organic No-Salt Seasoning (Costco brand).
As soon as beans can be mashed with fork, add ham and onions, let cook until beans and ham are done. Turn down to medium heat and add soup and cheese. Place over medium heat until it just begins to bubble. Cover slightly; reduce heat to a simmer.
Ham and Bean Soup step by step
- Soak the beans overnight in cold water..
- Finely chop the carrots and celery into pieces no larger than a 1/4 inch. They should be about the same size as the beans..
- Rough chop ham into about one inch chunks. Combine all ingredients and simmer for at least 4 hours until the beans are tender..
- Once the beans are tender and the broth has started to become a bit cloudy from the beans starting to breakdown use the back of a ladle and mash a few times. This will add a slightly thicker creamier texture, an immersion blender can be used too. Serve with biscuits or cornbread..
Easy One-Pot Ham and Bean Soup. There's nothing quite like a good bowl of hearty soup, is there? This ham and bean soup is especially warm and filling thanks to tender white beans, which cook up with a firm texture and mild, nutty flavor—the perfect partner to smoky bacon and ham, carrots and onions, and classic chicken broth. Made with a ham bone, dried white beans, chopped carrots, celery, onions, and garlic, chicken stock, and fresh thyme, this recipe takes minutes to assemble in a slow cooker. Then it simmers all day, producing a rich and flavorful soup with hardly any effort.