Ribeye Beef Stew. Discover The Latest Outdoor Collection Now. Created by Spanish Chef Javier De La Hormaza. Sold to top Restaurants in UK.
Place beef ribeye steaks in the cooking tray. Roughly chop garlic cloves, spreading evenly. Add Salt & pepper (to taste), paprika, spreading evenly, a generous quantity of olive oil, a splash of white wine (be generous) and dry mixed herbs, spreading evenly. You can have Ribeye Beef Stew using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ribeye Beef Stew
- Prepare 3 lbs of mini diced steak, ribeye works well. 1/4"to 3/8" cubes.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sea salt.
- You need 2 teaspoon of crushed rosemary.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of ground cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of peas.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of diced carrots.
- You need 1 cup of diced onions.
- Prepare 1 lb of sliced portobello Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced celery.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- You need 1 stick of salted butter.
- Prepare 12 oz of Merlot.
- You need 32 oz of Beef Stock.
- You need 2 of tabl spoons of flour.
- It’s 2 cups of diced potatoes.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
I'll be making beef stew this week, with a broth made from roasted neckbones. I realize that beef stew is usually made from chuck or short ribs, but would this steak work? Here is how you cook that. Then, saute onions, garlic, carrots, and celery in the beef fat, scraping the browned bits up from the bottom as you go.
Ribeye Beef Stew step by step
- Brown and sear diced steak cubes with salt, rosemary, cayenne pepper and olive oil. 15 to 20 minutes or so..
- Add peas and diced carrots into the crock pot, with cooked mini steak cubes, beef stock, worcestershire sauce, potatoes and 10 to 12oz of merlot, no one is counting… add 2 cups if you like for a little more etiquette..
- Sauté onions and celery with half of the butter for 5 to 7 minutes, add to the crockpot. I added a pinch of salt and black pepper here out of habbit, not necessarily needed..
- Sauté the mushrooms with other half of butter, minced garlic and 1 tablespoon of flour for 12 to 15 minutes, cook them down to add a nice thickess and flavor..
- Pull about a cup of stock/wine mix from crockpot and add into the pan and 1 tablespoon of flour for a few minutes, get all of the flavors out of the pan. Add in with the rest of the mix in crock pot..
- Put the crockpot on high for 2 hours to bring everything up to temperature and low for about 6 hours or until the potatoes are soft..
This will layer in the flavor before your stew even starts simmering. When the veggies are somewhat softened, add your spices. Add a splash of oil to a large casserole pan and place it over a medium heat. Transfer to a plate and leave to one side. There's no nicer way to use up cheaper cuts of beef than in a warm, comforting stew.