Crockpot Pot Roast. Read customer reviews & Find best sellers. Place pot roast in slow cooker and. Spread the onion slices out into the bottom of the cooker.
Transfer the meat and vegetables to a serving dish. The easiest way to cook a pot roast is in a slow cooker or Crock Pot. Simply add whatever ingredients you need to make your pot roast, set the slow cooker on low, and you'll have a delicious roast in about eight hours. You can cook Crockpot Pot Roast using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Pot Roast
- You need 2.5 lbs of Chuck Roast.
- You need 3 of Carrots, cut into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 2-3 stalks of Celery, cut into 1-2 inch pieces.
- You need 4-5 of Red Potatoes, quartered.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 of Red Onion, diced.
- You need 2-3 cloves of Garlic, minced.
- It’s 3 cups of Beef Broth.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- You need of Couple sprigs of Thyme & Rosemary.
While a slow cooker pot roast takes longer, a slow cooker maintains an even temperature throughout the cooking process, enabling you to go about your day and get a perfect. Add the oil to the Crockpot Express and place the chicken into the pot breast side down to brown. Turn half way through and continue browning. Add the garlic, lemon juice and chicken stock.
Crockpot Pot Roast instructions
- Season chuck roast to your liking.
- Sear chuck roast on all sides in a hot, oiled frying pan.
- Add beef broth, tomato paste, garlic, and onion to crockpot. Then add roast, carrots, potatoes, and celery to crockpot..
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours..
Choose a roast with lots of good marbling. That's fat will be making the meat fall apart by the time it's finished cooking. Turn slow cooker onto low heat. Add onion and garlic to the bottom of slow cooker, then place pot roast portion on top of them. Add vegetables: carrots, celery, potatoes and arrange around the sides of the pot roast, pour broth and red wine in over the meat and vegetables then season with garlic powder, paprika, salt & pepper.