27 Minute Ham & Bean Soup. Book a Hotel near East Ham East Ham. My parents bought us a Cuisinart pressure cooker for Christmas. The instructions are for use with the pressure cooker, but you could easily do this in a slow cooker our on the stove top.
My parents bought us a Cuisinart pressure cooker for Christmas. The instructions are for use with the pressure cooker, but you could easily do this in a slow cooker our on the stove top. My parents bought us a Cuisinart pressure cooker for Christmas. You can have 27 Minute Ham & Bean Soup using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 27 Minute Ham & Bean Soup
- You need 1 of medium carrot, small dice.
- It’s 1 of large stalk celery, small dice.
- You need 1/2 of medium onion, small dice.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 of small bay leaf.
- It’s 1 pinch of thyme.
- It’s 4 can of great northern beans, undrained.
- Prepare 1 pound of boiled ham, large chop.
- Prepare 2-3 of shakes Tabasco.
- You need 2 of shakes of Worcestershire.
The instructions are for use with the pressure cooker, but you could easily do this in a slow cooker our on the stove top. Ready to eat ham products include prosciutto and cooked hams. These products can be eaten straight from the package. Other products that have only been treated to destroy trichinae must be cooked before eating.
27 Minute Ham & Bean Soup instructions
- With the pressure cooker set to sauté, add the olive oil and carrots to the cookpot. Sauté for around 3 minutes..
- Add the onions and celery to cookpot and continue stirring and sautéing..
- Stir in the sea salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and bay leaf. Sauté for another 3 minute, occasionally stirring..
- Add the ham and stir until the onions are translucent..
- Add all 4 cans of beans, juice included, to the cookpot and stir to incorporate..
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker and lock it into place. Reset the pressure cooker to high pressure and set the cooking time for 20 minutes..
- Press the start button. The pressure cooker will take a few minutes to come up to the correct temperature and pressure. Once it does, it will begin counting down the cooking time..
- When the pressure cooker reaches 0, it will automatically set itself to warming mode. Unplug and allow it to sit for 7 minutes to release the pressure naturally..
- With a pot-holder covered hand, manually release the remaining pressure and remove the lid..
- Remove and discard the bay leaf. Stir in the dashes of Tabasco and Worcestershire. Serve hot with cornbread..
There are also hams that appear to be ready to eat but have labels indicating cooking instructions. These products also must be cooked before eating. For cooking times of all these hams, we turn to the USDA for the safest advice. Here's the chart you should consult for this year's holiday ham. SMOKED HAM, cook-before-eating (minimum internal temperature.