Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup. Great range of limited-time deals, picks from top brands, curated sales and more! We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Meanwhile place pinto beans in a large pan and cover with water.
In a large saucepan, heat the oil and butter, then add the onions and celery. Add the tomatoes and stock, bring to a simmer, then add the beans and cabbage. Tips for Making Pinto Bean Soup. You can cook Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Pinto Beans (dry) (Soaked and rinsed).
- You need 1 of Large Onion (Sliced or Diced).
- You need 1 lb of Cubed Ham.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- You need 6-10 of Chicken Bouillon Cubes (Skip or use less if using Broth).
- It’s 2 clove of Garlic (minced).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Dried Ground Thyme (Or 2-3 tsp Thyme Leaves).
- You need 1/4 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Parsley.
- It’s 1 of Bay Leaf.
- You need 10-12 cup of Water And/Or Chicken Broth.
- You need of Fresh Baby Spinach for garnish (Optional).
This is my favorite bean soup recipe. It's super tasty and easy to make; especially if you're a kid.kids love beans right? Pinto Beans and Ham is an easy, economical way to make a big pot full of tasty, filling, pinto beans and leftover ham, flavored with onion and garlic! Nothing fancy or glamorous, but this meal is sure inexpensive, FILLING, and delicious!
Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup instructions
- Melt Butter in a big soup pot, over Medium heat..
- Add Onion..
- Add spices, except for the Bay Leaf. Stir well..
- When the onions begin to soften, add the Ham. Stir well. Cook and stir for about 5 mins..
- Add the 12 cups of water and the Bouillon Cubes. (For a thicker soup, use 10 cups of water and 5 Bouillon Cubes).
- Add the Pinto Beans. Stir, and turn up heat to Medium High..
- Heat until boiling. Cover and turn heat down to Medium Low..
- Simmer for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours..
- Add Bay Leaf about a half an hour before cooking is finished..
- Serve and enjoy! :).
If you've ever had extra ham or ham bones left over after a meal, then this recipe for Pinto Beans And Ham is perfect for you! I've been making this simple and so delicious ham and bean soup recipe for decades! It's so hearty and makes a perfect meal any time of the year! Cook it on the stove or in a slow cooker. We really enjoy this healthy-ish soup and because I keep the simple ingredients in my pantry and freezer I can make it anytime!