Kalderetang Baka. Browse our great range of cookware. Enjoy a free UK delivery on eligible orders! Kalderetang Baka Recipe is one of the classic Filipino dishes served by many household in regular days or special occasions.
Kalderetang baka is a beef stew recipe that has become a staple Filipino dish known for its hearty and savory flavors. Although it's a staple Filipino dish, kaldereta's Spanish influence is undeniable as kaldereta is derived from the Spanish word "caldera". Caldereta or Kalderetang Baka (Beef Caldereta) is no doubt one of the many Filipino dishes that are truly flavorful and yummy. You can cook Kalderetang Baka using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kalderetang Baka
- You need 1/2 kg of stew beef cut in cubes.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of bacon lard or vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 can (400 g) of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can (170 g) of tomato paste.
- You need 1 of onion, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 of potatoes, cubed.
- It’s 2 of carrots, peeled and cubed.
- It’s 2 of small bell peppers, diced.
- It’s 1 can (85 g) of liver spread.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need of to taste salt and pepper.
- You need 2 of hot chillies (siling labuyo), optional.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated cheese, optional.
- It’s 1 cup of lemon–lime soda (e.g. Sprite or 7-Up), optional.
- Prepare 1 cup of red wine, optional.
When cooked using the original ingredients and spices, beef kaldereta will surely captivate your taste buds like no other foods can. Below is a very simple, easy to follow calderetang baka recipe for you to use and follow. Kaldereta na Baka (Filipino Beef Stew) Kaldereta comes from the word caldero, which is Spanish for a cauldron, or large metal pot, that is used to cook stews over an open fire. Baka is the Tagalog word for beef.
Kalderetang Baka step by step
- In a stew pot, sauté onions in oil or lard over medium heat until transparent. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about two minutes. Add beef and continue to sauté until browned..
- Add canned tomato, tomato paste, soda, wine, bay leaf, paprika, bell peppers, chillies, liver spread, carrots, and potatoes. Add water as needed to cover all the stew ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer on low heat for 1½ to 2 hours or until the meat is tender and the potatoes are cooked through..
- Stir in the cheese, bring to a boil, and then simmer for five minutes or until the cheese is melted and the stew thickens some more. Serve with steamed rice..
Kalderetang baka is a Filipino beef stew with liver, vegetables, and spices. One of grandma's dishes that I would love to immortalize is her Kalderetang Baka (Beef Caldereta). It was one of her specialty dishes and she would always cook it on significant events and family gatherings. Caldereta or kaldereta is a popular spicy meat stew usually prepared by Filipinos on special occasions and festivities. Beef Kaldereta is a Filipino Beef Stew.