My homemade pasta sauce. Make a classic marsala sauce as the perfect partner for steak or chicken. Transform your foraging finds into a. A classic, rich tomato sauce – great with pasta, meatballs or mixed with creamy mascarpone.
Start by heating the olive oil over medium heat in a small saucepan. When the oil is hot and shimmering, add the onion. Add the brown sugar, minced garlic, basil and oregano. You can cook My homemade pasta sauce using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My homemade pasta sauce
- You need of sauce.
- Prepare 1 of 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 of anchovy filets.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- It’s 4 clove of of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh basil, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 can of of water, use crushed tomato can.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan.
Homemade Meatless Spaghetti Sauce When my tomatoes ripen, the first things I make are BLTs and this homemade spaghetti sauce. —Sondra Bergy, Lowell, Michigan. Red Clam Sauce This recipe tastes like an Italian restaurant specialty and cooks while you take care of other things. What a marvelous way to jazz up pasta sauce! —JoAnn Brown, Latrobe, Pennsylvania. My family's secret homemade spaghetti sauce is easy to make using a few staple ingredients you may already have on hand!
My homemade pasta sauce step by step
- In large pot heat oil..
- Add anchovy and cook until it disappears. It will break down..
- Add garlic and pepper flakes. Cook 1 minute..
- Add in paste and stir, cooking for 2 minutes..
- Add in crushed tomatoes, water, and spices..
- Bring to a low boil, then immediately turn to simmer..
- Stir and cover, cook on simmer for two hours..
- Check and stir every 20 minutes..
- Last, stir in parmesan right before serving..
- Serve over pasta and enjoy.
- Sauce is enough for 1 lb of pasta..
- NOTE……You can make this into a meat sauce by adding 1 lb. very lean ground beef to the cooked paste. Then add in meat, brown, add crushed tomatoes and follow the rest!!! My husband is a meat lover!.
- Recipe by taylor68too.
Perfectly thick and packed with flavor, you'll be ditching that store bought pasta sauce! You can make this quick vegetarian pasta sauce ahead and freeze it for later use! And I've included a spaghetti meat sauce option for meat-lovers. Be sure to watch the video and grab. Pizza sauce is an uncooked tomato sauce.