Berry-Lemon Yellow Cake. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Garden At Home With Sarah Raven, Wide Range of Products Available Online Berry-Lemon Yellow Cake Rishika Krishna San Francisco, CA. Yellow Cake with Strawberry Filling and Lemon Buttercream Frosting. Prepare cake batter according to package directions.
Remove the cake from the oven and make the lemon syrup. Place the butter and sugar in a bowl and cream together until thick and pale. Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. You can cook Berry-Lemon Yellow Cake using 20 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Berry-Lemon Yellow Cake
- You need of Cake.
- It’s 6 of eggs yolks.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- You need 2 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 cup of cake flour (sifted).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 33/100 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 stick of butter (softened).
- It’s of Filling (Strawberry Jam).
- You need 1 lb of fresh strawberries (hulled).
- Prepare 4 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- You need of Frosting (Lemon Buttercream).
- Prepare 2 stick of unsalted butter (softened).
- You need 5 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 3/25 tsp of salt.
- It’s 4 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon zest.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of heavy whipping cream (or as desired).
The mixture should be noticeably lighter in colour. Add eggs one at a time, alternating with flour, allowing each egg and portion of flour to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside. Easy Lemon Cake – A delicious, moist all-in-one lemon sponge.
Berry-Lemon Yellow Cake instructions
- PREPARE THE CAKE: Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease the pan(s)..
- Mix the egg yolks, vanilla extract, and a small amount of the milk in a medium bowl..
- In a large bowl, combine and slowly blend the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt..
- Add the rest of the milk and butter in small parts. Slowly increase the beating speed and slowly add the egg mixture form the medium bowl..
- Pour the batter into the pan, filling it halfway, and bake till the cake is golden-brown or until a toothpick tester comes out clean..
- Cool the cakes in the fridge..
- PREPARE THE FILLING: (Or just use your favorite strawberry jam!).
- In a large and wide bowl, crush the strawberries to mashed berry..
- Mix together the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan and stir over low heat until the sugar is dissolved..
- Increase heat to high, and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil, stirring often, until the mixture reaches 220 °F (105 °C)..
- Cool and refrigerate before using on the cake..
- PREPARE THE FROSTING:Beat butter until creamy. Beat in salt and 1 cup of powdered sugar at a time until it’s all added..
- Beat in lemon juice and zest. Add 1 tablespoon of heavy whipping cream and mix until smooth. Add more cream as needed for desired consistency. (Frosting can be made up to 2 days ahead and stored in the refrigerator. Make sure to let it come to room temperature before using.).
- Finally, layer and frost the cake. Enjoy!.
Perfect for a teatime treat, cake sale or as a birthday or celebration cake. Can be made in any size of round, square or rectangular tin. Parchment paper helps the cakes seamlessly release from the pans. This delicious, traditional cake is so moreish – when testing this recipe, we couldn't eat it fast enough! It's sticky but light in texture, not too dense.