Pain de Seigle aux Fruits Secs (Fruit-Filled Rye Bread). Put the dried fruit quickly in boiling water and drain right away. Lightly roast the nuts and chop up. Put the bread flour, rye flour, whole wheat flour and dry yeast in a bowl, and mix lightly.
Pain de Seigle (rye bread) As fall is on its way i'm starting to bake some more whole grain breads such as the "Pain de Seigle". This bread uses a blend of two very flavorful stone-ground flours: The Dark Northern Rye and The Red Fife both milled at Camas Country Mill in Alvadore, Oregon. Pain de Seigle Valaisan is a rustic, round loaf with a dense crumb and is much heavier than it looks. You can cook Pain de Seigle aux Fruits Secs (Fruit-Filled Rye Bread) using 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pain de Seigle aux Fruits Secs (Fruit-Filled Rye Bread)
- You need of Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare of Rye flour.
- It’s of Whole wheat flour.
- It’s of Dry yeast.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Honey (or sugar).
- You need of to 80 ml Water.
- It’s of to 80 ml Milk.
- It’s of Dried fruit ※1.
- Prepare of Nuts ※2.
It keeps well for a very long time. In the book The Breads of France this loaf is described as a compromise by French peasants: "In earlier times pain de méteil or maslin was an endeavor to upgrade the appearance of dark, all-rye bread by adding an equal. Pain de Seigle or Pan Noir – Rye Bread made with different percentages of from the flours made with rye grain. While the main ingredient is obviously rye flour, the color will depend on the type of flour used or the number of colouring agents used in the process.
Pain de Seigle aux Fruits Secs (Fruit-Filled Rye Bread) step by step
- Put the dried fruit quickly in boiling water and drain right away. Lightly roast the nuts and chop up..
- Put the bread flour, rye flour, whole wheat flour and dry yeast in a bowl, and mix lightly..
- Combine the water, milk and honey, and pour the mixture into the bowl from Step 2. Mix to combine the liquids with the flours, take out onto a work surface, and knead well..
- When the dough is about 80% kneaded, add the dried fruit and nuts from Step 1 and knead them evenly into the dough. Round off the dough smoothly, put it in a bowl and let it rise (1st rising)..
- It's done when it has doubled in volume. I let it rise slowly for 12 hours in the refrigerator. You can also use your oven's "bread rising" setting to let it rise for 1 to 2 hours..
- Take the dough out onto a floured work surface and deflate. Divide the dough using a pastry scraper or similar..
- Round off each piece of dough, with the edges inside. Cover with a tightly wrung out moistened kitchen towel or plastic wrap, and leave to rest for 20 minutes..
- Form the loaves. Dust the work surface lightly, and roll the dough out into an oval shape..
- Fold in the top and bottom edges..
- Fold in half, and pinch the seams securely closed. Roll the dough to neaten up the shape. Form the other pieces in the same way..
- Line the loaves up on a sheet of kitchen parchment paper with space in between. Leave to rise (2nd rising)..
- When the loaves increase to 1.5 times their original size they are ready to bake. Preheat the oven and oven tray to 220°C..
- When the oven has heated up, dust the loaves with flour (not listed in the ingredients) using a tea strainer, and slash the tops..
- Put the loaves in the oven and bake for 5 minutes at 220°C. Lower the temperature to 200°C and bake for another 10 minutes. Cool the baked loaves on a rack. They're delicious freshly baked..
- This is how it looks sliced. It's packed with fruit and nuts. The revisions that I made to the recipe are detailed in the next step..
- I reduced the rye flour to half the amount of the whole wheat flour to make the bread easier to eat. Using honey in the dough encourages the yeast to ferment, and also prevents the bread from becoming hard the next day. I made the liquid amount flexible..
Pain de Son – Bread made with wheat bran floor. Pain aux Noix – Nut bread. I have come up with a recipe combining rye and dates for a sweeter and lighter taste which is amazing. Division and shaping of pure-rye bread in large ton loaf./Division et façonnage de pain pur-seigle en gros pain moulé. pain aux raisins secs translation in French – English Reverso dictionary, see also 'pain bis',pain complet',pain d'épice',corbeille à pain', examples, definition, conjugation Muffins Pain roulés et petits pains anglais Brocoli Céleri Concombres Poivrons Tomatoes Bananes Agrumes, cru Raisins Melons Pêches Prunes, pruneaux, et prunes en boîte Raisins secs Sucrerie, barres de chocolat Confitures Beurre d'arachide, arachides Fruit Betteraves Brocoli Chou-fleur Céleri Laitue Rutabagas ou navet Muffins Pâtes, plats mélangés Brocoli Carottes Céleri Concombres. Place all ingredients in a mixer but not the raisins.