Bread with Olive Oil. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Sold to top Restaurants in UK. Created by Spanish Chef Javier De La Hormaza.
Bread and olive oil detoxes your liver If you're the kind of person who doesn't like to start the day off with a glass of water and lemon juice, replace it with bread and olive oil. This will help you detox your liver and gallbladder. Tear olives with your fingers (you can chop them up, if you'd prefer to) and add to the dough and mix well. You can cook Bread with Olive Oil using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bread with Olive Oil
- It’s 50 ml of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- You need 150 g of onion marmalade.
- It’s 500 g of strong flour.
- You need 15 g of fresh yeast.
- You need 300 ml of water.
- It’s 10 g of salt.
Using your finger, make a dip in the dough and pour in the water and oil. Toast the bread in a toaster or under the grill/broiler. Put the toast on a serving platter, then drizzle all over with the olive oil. Scatter over a small handful of fresh herbs e.g. oregano, thyme, basil, parsley (optional).
Bread with Olive Oil step by step
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC without the fan and with top and bottom heat. You can bake the bread in any ovenproof dish, we have used a frying pan and a small casserole dish..
- Mix all ingredients..
- Then roll the dough out and let it sit for 30 minutes..
- Put it into the casserole dish and then let it sit for another 30 minutes..
- Then bake for 20-25 minutes..
Mix in the flour, use a spoon or a food processor to incorporate all the flour. Well, Italians do eat bread with extra virgin olive oil on top. The dish is called fettunta from fetta (slice) and unta (oily) – an "oily slice". The bread is not dipped in oil. A slice of bread is toasted (preferably over a flame), rubbed while still warm with a halved clove of fresh garlic, and placed on a plate.