Key Lime Velvet Cake. Your favourite restaurants and takeaways available on Deliveroo. Check Out Lime Velvet on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today!
The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Before you jump to Key Lime Velvet Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make You Happy. Most of us have been conditioned to think that comfort foods are terrible and should be avoided. You can have Key Lime Velvet Cake using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Key Lime Velvet Cake
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of and 1/2 tsp key lime zest.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white vinegar/apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of key lime juice + 1 tbsp hot water, mixed.
- You need of Afew drops yellow food colouring, optional.
At times, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this is true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be completely healthy and it's. Bake this key lime cake with cream cheese frosting for the party and it will become the hit! You can vary the amount of lime juice and sugar you add to the cream cheese frosting to balance out the sour lime flavor and the sweetness.
Key Lime Velvet Cake step by step
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and whisk to combine..
- In a seperate mixing bowl, add in the sugar, butter and oil and whisk till thoroughly combined..
- Next, add in the eggs and whisk again until a thick smooth mixture forms..
- Then, add in the lime zest, vanilla, vinegar and food colouring and whisk again to combine..
- Next, add in the dry ingredients and buttermilk, alternating, beginning with the dry ingredients. With a spatula, fold in after each addition..
- Finally, add in the lime juice and with the spatula lightly fold it in, making sure to have a smooth, airy batter at the end without overmixing..
- Pour the batter into a 7 inch round cake pan (for a tall cake) that has been lined with parchment paper and greased around the sides..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees fahrenheit on the center rack for about 35 minutes..
- The cake is ready when the top is still soft but set and is golden brown around the edges. Do the toothpick test as well..
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then take it out. Dust with powdered sugar and lime zest if desired and serve preferably warm. Enjoy!.
See, it's really as simple as a piece of cake! Cooks.com – Recipe – Key Lime Pie. Key Lime Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting. Food Network invites you to try this Key Lime Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting recipe from Ultimate Recipe Showdown. Mix orange juice and oil together.