[Farmhouse Recipe] Komatsuna Hot and Sour Soup. Add the potato and stir until the butter has coated all the ingredients. Add the water, bouillon and bay leaf and bring to a low simmer. Finely chop all the vegetables (cabbage, green beans, carrot, capsicum) listed in the ingredients table.
Hot and Sour Soup is one of my all-time favorite Chinese food recipes, made with pork and tofu in a savory broth that's a little bit hot, a little bit sour, and full of flavor. This is a lot like egg drop soup, but with heartier ingredients like meat and vegetables instead of mostly egg. Combine the pork with the sesame oil, soy, and cornstarch. You can have [Farmhouse Recipe] Komatsuna Hot and Sour Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of [Farmhouse Recipe] Komatsuna Hot and Sour Soup
- Prepare of Komatsuna.
- You need of Enoki mushrooms.
- You need of Egg.
- Prepare of Sesame oil.
- You need of Vinegar.
- You need of Katakuriko.
- Prepare of "A" ingredients:.
- You need of Chinese soup (500ml water + 1 tablespoon of weipa).
- It’s of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
In a hot stockpot, add oil and sear the pork, stirring quickly then set aside. Hot and Sour Soup Ingredients: To make this hot and sour soup recipe, you will need: Broth: Either chicken or veggie stock (or broth) will do. Mushrooms: I highly recommend using shiitake mushrooms, but baby bella or even button mushrooms would also do. Rice vinegar, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, ground ginger: To flavor the broth.; Cornstarch: To thicken the broth.
[Farmhouse Recipe] Komatsuna Hot and Sour Soup instructions
- Heat a frying pan with sesame oil, add the komatsuna cut into 4cm lengths. Cook for 1 minute over high heat..
- Combine the "A" ingredients in a pot, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Trim the stems of the enoki mushrooms, cut in half, and add to the pot and boil for 10 seconds..
- Add the dissolved katakuriko, then once the soup thickens, add the beaten egg, and mix with chopsticks..
- Finally add the komatsuna. Pour vinegar in at the end..
- Swirl in ra-yu (red chili pepper sesame oil) to taste..
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add to the soup and stir until the soup begins to thicken. Add the egg, whisking with a fork until little shreds of cooked egg form. Taste and adjust the seasonings with vinegar, pepper or soy sauce. Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and serve immediately.