Rye Sourdough Bread. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! If your jar is becoming full, spoon half the mix out of the jar and continue.
Place both flours into a large baking bowl, add the salt and mix. Make a large well in the center and add the starter. Either knead the bread in a mixer with a dough hook or, tip the dough onto a lightly floured worktop and knead until you. You can have Rye Sourdough Bread using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rye Sourdough Bread
- It’s of bread starter.
- It’s of rye flour.
- You need of water.
- It’s of bread flour.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of sesame seeds.
- Prepare of cumin seeds.
- Prepare of Chia.
Made with a blend of whole wheat, bread flour, and rye flour, this naturally fermented loaf holds its shape and has a moist, chewy crumb. The rustic crust is deeply colored and boasts beautiful blisters! It should be nice and bubbly and have a pleasant, slightly fruity, alcoholic aroma. Now add all the ingredients to the pre-ferment, including the soaked seeds (they will have absorbed all the water).
Rye Sourdough Bread instructions
- Wake up your bread starter by mixing it with your rye flour and approx half of the water. It should create thick porridge like texture. Let it rest for an hour or so, until you see bubbles forming in the mixture..
- Remove approx 100 g of that mixture to a separate bowl for next time. Then mix all the ingredients in a bowl, adding just enough water so the dough is thick but still slightly sticky. Be careful with water.mix really really well. I use Kitchen Aid standing mixer with bread dough and I mix it for about 5 min..
- Cover and let it rest in a warm place for about an hour.
- Flour your work surface and put the dough on it and start folding your bread. Create square shape, fold the dough from up to down and from left to right. This way some more flour will get incorporated into the dough. Do this for about 5 min..
- Place it into your bread bowl and let rest in warm place for 4 h.
- Heat your oven on 240 Celsius, including the baking dish you will bake your bread on. Once hot, transfer your dough quickly on the baking tray and pop in the oven..
- Pour some hot water I. The oven on a separate dish to create steam..
- Bake for 20 min on 240, the. Lower to 200 for another 20-30 min. The bread must sound hollow when you tap on it.
- Let it rest till it cools down. Enjoy! I love this bread so much!.
One to bake the bread on and one just below. If you have a baking stone or dutch oven, use them. Score the loaves in your preferred pattern and place them in the oven. Uncover the loaf, and slash a cross onto the top, to allow for expansion. Follow this foolproof recipe from the Bread Ahead bakery for a rich, moist rye loaf that will keep for weeks.