Sweet Potato Biscuits. From Gourmet Food Hampers To Retro Sweet Hampers, Order Your Perfect Hamper Today! We Create Gifts Suitable For All Budgets. Order Today For Super Fast Delivery!
Place the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add the mashed sweet potato and butter, and cut in with a pastry blender. Stir in the buttermilk until the dough gathers itself into a ball. You can cook Sweet Potato Biscuits using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sweet potato, cooked and mashed.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of cold butter, cut in pieces.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together sweet potato puree and buttermilk; stir quickly into flour mixture until combined (do not overmix). In a small bowl, using a wire whisk, lightly beat the egg. Stir in the mashed sweet potatoes.
Sweet Potato Biscuits step by step
- Pre- heat oven to 425.
- Combine dry ingredients in bowl.
- Cut butter into dry ingredients using a pastry cutter or two knifes until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add milk and mashed sweet potato all at once. Mix together until stiff dough forms. Add a little more milk if necessary. I used a large spoon and my hands to mix it!.
- Drop by 1/4 c. onto non stick baking sheet. Makes 10-12.
- Bake 10 to 12 min.
Pour the liquid mixture into the well in the flour mixture all at once and stir with a fork just until the dry ingredients are moistened and the mixture comes together into a soft dough. In a large bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, coconut sugar, and baking powder. Add solid cold vegan butter or coconut oil to the dry ingredients. So, how is the taste of sweet potato biscuit? As you mentioned they come in slightly sweet I drop this biscuit to the sweets.